The United Methodist Church’s top legislative body will meet at the Oregon Convention Center, the largest convention center in the Pacific Northwest, on May 10-20, 2016.
General Conference is the top policy-making body of The United Methodist Church which meets once every four years.The conference can revise church law, as well as adopt resolutions on current moral, social, public policy and economic issues. It also approves plans and budgets for church-wide programs.
Rev. Dr. Tim McClendon explains what general conference is, what are delegates will be doing and how you can follow along with the information
- UMNS: http://www.umc.org/news-and-media/united-methodist-news
- UMNS Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/umcommunications/
- UMC Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/UMCVideos
- Audio: http://www.umc.org/who-we-are/general-conference-2016-audio
- Press Center: http://www.umcpresscenter.org
- Digital Lounge Interviews: http://www.umc.org/who-we-are/general-conference-2016-digital-lounge
Jessica Brodie’s General Conference 2016 wrap-up for May 13:
Legislative committees kicked their work into high gear at General Conference May 13, approving, amending, rejecting and merging hundreds of petitions that will go before the full body next week. Read more.
- Nearly a year after they were elected to represent South Carolina at General Conference, 16 delegates and their two alternates are geared up and ready to do God’s will in Oregon. By Jessica Brodie | April 25, 2016 Read More
- This May, South Carolina delegates will join with hundreds of United Methodists around the world for the denomination’s quadrennial legislative gathering, General Conference.By Jessica Brodie | February 24, 2016 Read More.