The Advance Special Ministries Network’s mission is to see, cultivate and share a wide range of United Methodist resources to support and strengthen our ministries.
The Vision of South Carolina United Methodists is to joyfully fulfill Christ’s mandate to care for those in need by contributing generously of their time, talents, and resources.
2021-22 Advance Special Ministries
- Alston Wilkes Society
- Mission: To provide offenders, former offenders, the homeless, at-risk youth, veterans and their families the tools they need to become productive citizens.
- Bennettsville-Cheraw Area Cooperative Ministry
- Mission: To respond to the increasing call in our communities to continue to light the flame of hope by striving to build and sustain communities of character with youth, young adults, adults and older adults who have high morality, integrity and commitment to be leaders for the sake of the present and future generation.
- Columbia Bethlehem Community Center
- Mission: To educate and enrich the lives of individuals and families in the Midlands to help them achieve their own success.
- Bethlehem Community Center (Spartanburg)
- Mission: To support, strengthen and inspire individuals and families and support the redevelopment of the Highland community
- Christian Assistance Bridge
- Mission: To provide hope and support to those in need in our community through a collaborative effort of local churches, individuals and support organizations.
- Coastal Samaritan Counseling Center
- Mission: To assist people on their journey toward healing and wholeness, ministering to individuals, couples and families in crisis through affordable holistic counseling, education and consultation.
- The Cooperative Ministry
- Mission: To increase the economic self-sufficiency of people experiencing poverty in the Midlands through crisis assistance and sustainability programs.
- Interfaith Community Services
- Mission: To work with faith and community partners to improve the lives of low-income children and families in South Carolina.
- Jubilee Academy
- Mission: To turn the hearts and lives of inner-city children, youth and families toward Christ and academic excellence.
- Killingsworth Home
- Mission: To provide transitional housing to adult women who are going through significant life changes.
- PATH – Positive Affirmation Through Helping
- Mission: To help or minister to those in need, including finding temporary aid in times of crisis and guiding them to appropriate social agencies.
- Tracy Jackson Program (G.I.F.T)
- Mission: To feed the bodies, minds and spirits of children by providing a free summer day camp-type experience, including free breakfast and free lunch and activities.
- United Methodist Volunteers in Mission (UMVIM)-South Carolina
- Mission: To help others at home and throughout the world through construction, medical and other activities.
- United Ministries of Greenville
- Mission: To serve and empower those on the transformative journey to self-sufficiency.
- Wallace Family Life Center
- Mission: To provide educational, cultural, recreational and religious programs to enrich the lives of the people who live in the Wallace/Bennettsville communities.
- Advance Special Ministries Certification Application (download PDF before filling out)
- Advance Special Ministries Funding Request Form (download PDF before filling out)
- Advance Special Ministries Funding Guidelines
- Process for Approving Conference Advance Specials