Some Salkehatchie camps to resume this summer
Salkehatchie Summer Service will return to limited action this summer, following a two-year hiatus due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
More than a dozen Salkehatchie camps – about one-third of the usual number of camps – will operate this summer under COVID-19 protocols to ensure the health and safety of all participants. Some camps will hold shorter weeks. Some have reduced the number of campers accepted. Other camps are allowing commuters, campers who shower and sleep at home.
These COVID-19 safety protocols will be in place at all camps:
- All campers, directors, homeowners and others in proximity to campers (such as those serving meals) must be maximally vaccinated at the time of the camp.
- Camps will focus on exterior repair work, such as accessibility ramps and roofs.
- Sleeping arrangements will be socially distanced.
- Masks will be worn inside for evening programs, standing in lines or working near someone else.
2022 Salkehatchie Camps
• Winyah Bay (Georgetown) – June 11-18
• Laurens County – June 18-25
• Union – June 18-25
• Bishopville – June 25-July 2
• Piedmont – June 25-July 2
• Bamberg – July 9-16
• Black Swamp (Hampton) – July 9-16
• Santee (Clarendon County) – July 9-16
• Emerald City – July 16-23
• Columbia – July 16-23
• North Augusta – July 16-23
• Newberry – July 17-22
• Clover – July 17-23
Click here for roster
of 2022 camps,
with contact information
Click here to register
Smart-Trak volunteer background check
What is Salkehatchie?
Since 1978, Salkehatchie has been more than a church outreach program, volunteer group, or just another summer youth camp.
From Saturday to Saturday, volunteers experience more than just a week of hard work. Their dedication and love help families feel comfortable and secure in their homes.
Salkehatchie is faith in action.
By The Numbers
homes updated every summer by volunteers
campers have participated over the past 40 years
spent on construction and other supplies each summer
families helped since Salkehatchie began