ERT Training Opportunities
All ERT Basic Classes (required before you can enroll in other classes) are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Cost is $40 per person, which includes a manual, shirt, cap and badge. Cost for renewal classes (9 a.m. to noon) is $20.
To register for any class, click here.
Mandatory background checks are free through UMCOR.
To complete a mandatory background check, click here.
CDC COVID-19 guidelines will be followed, including social distancing and mandatory use of a mask for those who have not been vaccinated. Please bring your personal mask and wear it. Temperatures will be taken. If you feel ill after registering, please cancel your registration and we will refund your fee.
If your UMCOR ERT badge expired this past year, when we have not been able to have training classes, you are still considered current. However, we would encourage you to renew it as soon as safely possible.
Sept. 25, 2021 (Saturday)
ERT Quarterly Training
- Mt. Horeb UMC, 1205 Old Cherokee Road, Lexington, S.C.
- ERT Basic: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Renewal: 9 a.m. to noon
- Chainsaw: 9 a.m. to noon
- Clean-Out & Assessment: 1 to 5 p.m.
Oct. 9, 2021 (Saturday)
ERT Basic Class
- Aldersgate UMC, 7 Shannon Drive, Greenville, S.C.
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Oct. 20, 2021 (Wednesday)
ERT Basic/Renewal Class
- St. Andrew By-The-Sea UMC, 20 Pope Avenue, Hilton Head Island, S.C.
- 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For more information, contact Billy Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 803-539-8429.
Want to help?
- Pray: When disaster strikes, pray for the safety of the survivors, ERTs and first responders. Here’s a place to start.
- Give: Help us prepare for disaster response by donating money. Click here to make a donation today. Please do not bring unsolicited items to the conference center.
- Get trained: We always need volunteers trained to work on Early Response Teams. See opportunities above, or contact Matt Brodie at email@example.com or 803-786-9486, Ext. 265, for more information.
- Prepare: Assemble and donate relief supplies for UMCOR. Click here to learn how.