Nominations for the 2018 Global Young People’s Convocation – to be held in July 2018 in Johannesburg, South Africa – are now being accepted.
GYPC is the global event of United Methodist young people. It is held once every four years for the purpose of:
- Celebrating the mission and vitality of young people in the United Methodist Church
- Raising the joys and concerns of young people from the global community
- Developing young people as leaders for effective ministry in local churches and communities of faith
- Highlighting emerging trends in youth and young adult ministry
- Providing a common forum that embraces the global reality of the church.
The GYPC also has a Legislative Forum, which is the venue for proposing and discussing legislation related to issues of concern to young people.
If you know someone aged 12-30 who could be a great delegate for the Southeastern Jurisdiction and the South Carolina Conference, please nominate that young person today. Nominations will be accepted through Aug. 15, 2017, so don’t delay.