Position Overview: The Executive Assistant to Senior Pastor is responsible for assisting the senior pastor in the performance of his administrative responsibilities and provide leadership. Must maintain complete confidentiality, assist as needed in all situations, and serve as a helpful and caring assistant to interface with the congregation and the senior pastor.
Primary Areas of Responsibilities & Duties:
- Contact and schedule meetings for the Pastors with visitors who wish to join the church. Work with the families to make sure they have all their paperwork filled out and that they have all the information that they need.
- Schedule and maintain the Senior Pastor’s calendar and coordinate his calendar for all church member meetings. Return emails and phone calls for the Senior Pastor, to free him up to continue to be the visionary for Covenant.
- Meet weekly with the Senior Pastor to prioritize the tasks at hand. Communicate with the Senior Pastor all that is going on behind the scenes, to help make sure he is in the know.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and Pastor meetings with the Senior Pastor.
- Attend the Chairperson’s Committee Meetings, Lay Nominations Committee Meetings, Church Council meetings, Worship Planning committee meetings, and other monthly meetings.
- Help the Senior Pastor with his weekly sermon notes, to create the final product.
- Write and send out weekly emails to all the new visitors, and send first time gift thank you letters weekly, out in the mail.
- Help during all three morning worship services, to aid the Senior Pastor.
- Serve as gate-keeper for the Senior Pastor, while ensuring people are being helped/served in a timely manner.
- Maintain the Senior Pastor’s files and databases and compose letters, reports and correspondence as needed.
- Brainstorm with the Senior Pastor to help come up with church members to be added to committees, etc.
- Aid in preparation for the Senior Pastor’s meetings and events through the production of documents, handouts, reports, ordering meals, reminders, etc. All administrative support and other required duties that the Senior Pastor requests.
Education and Experience: This position requires a strong spiritual background and commitment to the church and to the ministry of the church. A minimum of three year’s experience in managing people and possession of a bachelor’s degree in business or related field. The candidate must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, above reproach character, and the ability to maintain confidentiality. The candidate must have a proven expertise with multiple workplace technologies including computer skills, E-mail, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience in ACS software is preferred.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Interested parties should forward a complete application packet to Rev. Matt Yon: email@example.com. It should include the following:
- Cover letter with general background information, family, community involvement, and hobbies
- Current resume
- List of 3 references