Job Title: Director of Next Generational Youth Ministries First UMC, Gallatin, TN
The First UMC, Gallatin, TN is seeking a Director of NextGen Youth Ministries’ role is to make Christ-like disciples of our youth and to train and mobilize them to make Christ-like disciples. This person has the honor of helping young people experience God’s radical grace and transforming power. As students experience God’s grace, the director will encourage them to take courageous steps of faith, model authenticity, and display excellence as they love God and love people.
We are seeking someone who can…
- understand, communicate, and implement a strategic vision to glorify God for the youth ministry (middle school, high school, and college-age students).
- identify, recruit, and equip ministry volunteer leaders who love Jesus and love
- build relationships with students in the community in order to lead them to Christ and model a Christ-filled lifestyle for students, leaders, and
- evaluate ministry resources, manage storage and purchasing of ministry resources, and operate within the constraints of a
- schedule and plan Next Generational Ministry events with the Director of NextGen Children’s Ministries.
- assist in pastoral ministries, serve on ministry committees as assigned, and lead in worship when
We must have someone who…
- is passionate about and effective at engaging students within large and small group environments.
- can plan and implement age-appropriate mission trips, retreats, and fellowship events that build relationships, create community, and aid in relational
- can work independently but also collaborate well with others within a team
- is engaged in today’s culture and can function and communicate with students and parents through modern technology (social media, text messaging, email, )
- has a strong Christian faith with a genuine love for middle school, high school, and college-age
- will adhere to the Safe Sanctuary Policies and Procedures of the United Methodist Church and ensure employees and volunteers working with youth have current background checks and proper
- has an undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university, adequate training, and at least one year of experience in a Christian education
- has a friendly and outgoing personality and a high level of energy for the demands of a growing ministry.
- can assist with providing transportation for youth events when necessary
- is flexible and willing to accept additional responsibilities as
Responsible to: Senior Pastor with accountability to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee
Pay Classification: Full-time, Salary
FLSA Status: Exempt
Annual Rate: depending upon experience
To Apply: Email resume and/or cover letter to Erin Clements – firstname.lastname@example.org