St. Andrew By-The-Sea United Methodist Church on Hilton Head Island, SC, is looking for a Director of Family Ministries.
As part of the SABTS staff, the Director of Family Ministries will work full-time, developing ministry for children (grades 5th and below) and youth (grades 6th-12th) to carry out ministry to, with, and by young people to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- Nurture the faith of our children, youth and their families in relevant and meaningful ways
- Be present for worship and Sunday School/Small Groups on Sunday mornings
- Recruit, train, and schedule volunteers needed for Children’s Ministries (nursery, Sunday School, Children’s Chapel)
- Plan, implement, and recruit for Vacation Bible School and other special seasonal children’s activities (Christmas, Easter, Summer)
- Plan, implement, be present for United Methodist Youth Fellowship (grades 6th-12th)
- Recruit, train, and schedule volunteers needed for Youth Ministry
- Supervise occasional youth outings/retreats/mission trips
- Participate in the Confirmation process along with Pastors and mentors
- Encourage children and youth to participate in all facets of the life of the church, including involvement in intergenerational and outreach ministries
- Create opportunities for families of young people to know and support each other
- Spend time in the community where children/youth gather to support and deepen relationships
- Communicate with children and families through social media, newsletter, email, web site, texting, and/or formats about ministries to assure strong communication between church and home
- Manage budgets for children’s ministry and youth ministry
- Implement Safe Sanctuaries Guidelines, including background checks of all volunteers working with children/youth
An ideal candidate will be brought up in or well-acquainted with United Methodist theology and practice, and will support St. Andrew By-The-Sea in our purpose to grow a welcoming community where people of all ages and stages on their faith journey can come to experience the love, grace, and compassion of Jesus Christ while developing relationships with each other, leading to service locally and beyond.
Salary range: $50,000–$60,000/year
Send resume to Kim Likins, Staff Parish Relations Chair: email@example.com
St. Andrew By-The-Sea United Methodist Church
20 Pope Avenue
Hilton Head, SC 29928