Purpose: The Director of Communications at Church of the Palms will have responsibility for delivery of the church’s comprehensive communication strategy. Working with the help of other professional staff, the Communications Committee, and the Church Council, the Director of Communications will further Church of the Palm’s purpose and vision of making disciples of Jesus Christ by promoting its ministries, programs, and events to the church membership and the wider community through a variety of communication channels.
Qualifications: College degree and 3+ years of professional communications experience or comparable experience. Up-to-date knowledge of electronic forms of communication, appropriate software, and social media platforms. Experienced in writing, editing and graphic design for a wide variety of church publications, promotions, and the integration of multiple live and virtual platforms. Good interpersonal skills in recruiting and working with staff and volunteers.
Desired attributes: Ability to manage multiple projects and volunteers. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide range of people, groups, and communities. Ability to manage and operate website and social media. Confidentiality and dependability. Solution-based team player. Awareness of industry standards. Creativity.
* Manage and prepare all regular church-wide communications, printed and electronic, including various weekly and monthly e-newsletters
* Maintain a consistent brand image throughout all communication efforts through the development of brand standards and guidelines in line with current branding efforts
* Preparing and editing timely communications and church event announcements
* Working with the Senior Minister to develop a new website initiative through an outside agency
* Managing and updating content of the church’s website and other social media outlets
* Support church ministries, programs, activities, and events with creation of print and electronic communications including online webforms
* Knowledge of HTML and email management to aid in internal and external communication efforts
* Knowledge of Google Advertising, social media advertising, and traditional advertising to assist in inreach and outreach efforts when opportunities arise
* Create print communication materials for internal and external distribution
* Monitoring and analyzing the impact of all communication efforts and recommending driving approaches to administration/church leaders based on what is learned from feedback and communication research of congregational members/staff
* Developing and coordinating in-house communications for all staff information shared from the Senior Minister and church leaders
* Overseeing church-wide announcement strategies for events
* Recruits and manages AV technicians (both paid and volunteer) assisting with services and other events
* Meeting regularly with Communications Committee, team leaders, and Church Council to review progress and discuss strategies
* Coordinating contacts between the congregation and community media
* Developing and producing video/educational resources for internal and external ministry and outreach
* Collaborating with all missions and ministries and maintaining the most effective ways to promote each within the church as well as within the community
* Attend Church Council meetings as requested
* Salary commensurate with role and experience
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
* Vacation accrual
* Church Pension Plan through a 403(b) plan with matching contributions
May it be further known that Church of the Palms in a United Methodist Church with close proximity to Hilton Head. Our church is a growing church in a growing community seeking creative talent.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Rev. Shannon Bullion.
Church of the Palms
1425 Okatie Highway
Okatie, SC 29909
No phone calls please.