Northeast United Methodist Church in Columbia, SC is hiring a part-time Youth Director. We are looking for an energetic person of faith to guide, lead and shepherd the youth of our congregation. Applications are being accepted now. Please send resume to email@example.com and request that it be forwarded to Jane Scott.
Northeast United Methodist Church, 4000 Hardscrabble Road, Columbia, SC 29223
JOB DESCRIPTION: YOUTH DIRECTOR (PART-TIME)
The Youth Director will be responsible for working with the youth in implementing and evaluating programs of Christian Education and activities for those in grades 6-12. The person filling this position will report to the Pastor and Staff/Pastor Relations Committee (SPRC).
- Exhibit strong Christian values, strong interpersonal skills, the ability to relate and counsel with the needs of the youth, and the ability to communicate with all levels of youth and adults.
- Ability to organize, advertise, and communicate youth events.
- Hold a valid driver’s license and be a responsible driver with a good driving record.
- Successfully pass a background check and comply with all Safe Sanctuary policies. This policy specifies that the director be at least 23 years of age.
- Research and evaluate materials for youth lessons, retreats, and all other youth events.
- Be responsible for all retreats, specials events: Plan and coordinate travel for events.
- Be aware of community events in which our youth might participate.
- Assist youth in participating in and attending District and Conference events.
- Participate in and help lead youth Sunday school.
- Assist Pastor in leading confirmation classes.
- Maintain appropriate social media sites.
- Provide input for annual youth budget.
Â For more details contact: Mrs. Jane Scott at (803) 463-9121