All classes are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fee is $35 per person, which includes a manual, shirt, cap and badge. Fee for renewals is $10.
- Saturday, February 24, 2018 – Beulah UMC, 161 Beulah Church Road, Gilbert. Contact: Jan Waters at 803-687-7399 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday March 24, 2018 – Philadelphia UMC, 1691 S.C. 160 West, Fort Mill. Contact: Glenda Warren at email@example.com.
- Saturday April 21, 2018 – John Wesley UMC, 626 Savannah Highway, Charleston. Contact: Ed Carson at 843-817-0629 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about ERTs:
- We are United Methodist Volunteers in South Carolina who are dedicated to showing the love of Jesus to others in the aftermath of a disaster.
- We have teams of 6-12 members and regional coordinators who cover our state from border to border.
- All members receive 8 hours of basic disaster training, plus First Aid and CPR.
- People trained n chainsaw safety, CISM and EMS accompany each team.
- Volunteers are rotated in and out every 3 to 4 days due to the intense physical and mental stress associated with disaster response.