Aug. 9, 2018
The Bethlehem Center in Spartanburg – one of the Advanced Special Ministries of the South Carolina Annual Conference – is asking United Methodists around the state to donate items for its annual “Auction for a Cause” fundraiser, scheduled for Nov. 2, 2018.
The center will be accepting donations through Oct. 15 and can arrange for prompt pickup of items. All donations are tax-deductible.
Organizers of the center’s primary fundraiser are seeking “big-ticket” donations (in good condition) such as:
- Vacation rentals
- Used cars
- Used boats
- Golf cart
- Golf clubs
The Bethlehem Center is a United Methodist Women’s Mission Project that works to strengthen families physically, emotionally, spiritually, socially, educationally, and intellectually through:
- Emergency food assistance through a food pantry.
- Self-improvement focused programming and workshops.
- Serving as a local employment training site.
- After-school programs related to tutoring, fine arts, recreational activities, scouting, seasonal camping and leadership.
- Adult Bible studies and fellowship, craft and sewing sessions.
- A Senior Wellness Program that allows older adults to interact with others with similar interests and experiences in a setting outside of their homes, while also being physically active and engaged in the community.
Organizers also are asking local churches to help spread the word by sharing a bulletin insert with their congregations, placing a flyer on a church bulletin board, or sharing this story on social media.
For more information or to make a donation, contact
Executive Director Patrena Mims at
864-582-7158 or firstname.lastname@example.org.