The South Carolina Conference of The United Methodist Church is offering local church leaders two opportunities to attend a seminar designed to help them prevent embezzlement, how to spot it, and what to do about it.
“Protecting Your Church From Embezzlement” is scheduled twice this spring:
- March 4 – 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. at Trinity United Methodist Church in Bamberg. Register by Feb. 27.
- April 15 – 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m. at Central United Methodist Church in Newberry. Register by April 10.
Conference Treasurer Beth Westbury and other lay and clergy leaders will present on numerous topics, including:
- Scriptural and ethical basis for being faithful to God in the ways we handle God’s gifts and resources.
- How to prevent fraud and embezzlement in your church.
- What to do if you think your church is the victim of embezzlement.
- Helping victims heal.
This seminar (0.5 CEU) is designed for pastors, finance chairs and others responsible for keeping safe the resources God has provided to our local churches. The $25 registration fee covers all materials and lunch.
Click here to register
No on-site registration