Aldersgate Special Needs Ministry (ASNM) is a private residential provider for adults with developmental disabilities. We are a ministry of the SC Conference of the United Methodist Church. For more information about the ministry, visit aldersgatespecialneedsministry.org.
This is an exciting opportunity to plan the start-up of and direct a new drop-in style respite program for adults with developmental disabilities. The program will provide a short-term break for caregivers of adults with developmental disabilities.
The ideal candidate is an exceptional communicator, self-motivated and has experience with working with individuals with special needs.
Schedule: 20 hours per week
- Develop operational manual and corresponding procedures
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers
- Screen program participants
- Plan meaningful activities for program participants
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment
- Develop collaborative relationships with businesses and organizations
- Ensure budget compliance
- Manage partnership with host church
- Ability to make presentations to increase support
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and PDF software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion
- Experience working with individuals with special needs
- Ability to pass background checks
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in healthcare, human services, social work or a related field
To apply: send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15, 2021.