Union UMC (Irmo) is hiring a Preschool Director. Accepting applications through January 24. Email Rev. Jeri-Katherine Sipes resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
Last Updated: December 22, 2019
|Minimum General Requirements|
|· Four year degree in early childhood education or related field
· Must have a good understanding of childhood development
· Must have a valid SC driver’s license
· At least three years work experience in a childcare setting, such as full time childcare or a preschool kindergarten program. Experience in a church program preferred.
· Must have some working knowledge of budgets, technology, personnel issues, supervision and state licensing policy/regulation.
· Good general physical health and the endurance to work hours required to fulfill the job requirements
|The Director is responsible for planning, coordinating and implementing the weekly preschool and kindergarten ministry of Union UMC. This includes, but not limited to activities such as the early bunch, lunch bunch, and enrichment classes.
Coordinates and implements the Union UMC preschool and kindergarten ministry.
Supervise, coordinate, and evaluate the kindergarten ministry staff.
Design and implement a daily schedule of age appropriate curriculum for all ages served by the Union UMC Preschool and Kindergarten program.
Develop and administer a budget for submission to the appropriate Union UMC committee.
Receives and documents tuition payments, early bunch, lunch bunch, registration payments, and enrichment payments in the format set forth by the Union UMC Finance Office.
Collects, prepares, and maintains financial records as required by the UMC Finance Office.
Gathers or prepares the following information:
· Newsletter and calendar
· Staff evaluations
· Attendance records on children
· Bi-monthly reports to Church Council on Ministries
· Registration forms for the school year
· Reports to state and local agencies (DHEC, DSS, Fire Marshall)
· Children assessments
· Health and safety procedures
· Parent handbook
· Long range plans and training report
· Inventory of educational materials and equipment
· Assignment of all children into age appropriate classes
Ensures compliance with criteria and standards mandated by DSS for licensing
Serves as staff member of Union UMC and maintains a close relationship with the church congregation
Serves as a resource person for the other committees as necessary
Attends Union UMC staff meetings
Serves on Union UMC Preschool Advisory Committee
Works with other church staff in planning and teaching when requested
Work with the Board of Trustees to maintain facilities and ensure compliance with all state and local laws pertaining to church facilities in accordance with governmental entities
Conducts regular staff meetings and parent meetings
Composes all correspondence, Small talk newsletters, reports and bulletins for parents relating to the preschool and kindergarten ministry
Recommends the termination of preschool and kindergarten employees to the SPRC action
Plans and implements staff development, in-service, CPR, and First Aid training
Orders supplies and equipment to ensure the quality of program is maintained
Implements all policies and administrative regulations which relate to the program, personnel and students
Conducts registration for each new school year
Supervises the custodial services as it relates to the preschool and kindergarten program
Gives tours and meets with prospective families
Plans, coordinates, and reserves facilities for special activities
Provides program orientation for new employees
Responsible for maintaining good public relations
Develops correspondence on behalf of Union UMC Preschool and Kindergarten
Performs other duties as necessary
Hires all Preschool/Kindergarten Staff
Must take 20 hours of DSS Training annually
Strategic planning based on community needs, i.e. opportunities to expand programming
|All Preschool and Kindergarten staff
Parents of Children
Volunteers for Preschool and Kindergarten activities
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the church and community as determined by the Senior Minister