Aldersgate Special Needs Ministry – born at the 2003 South Carolina Annual Conference – provides homes for adults with developmental disabilities. Residents are encouraged to be as independent as possible. Our trained staff provides care in a Christian environment.
Aldersgate does not receive funds from apportionments and depends on contributions from churches, groups and individuals. We thank those who have faithfully contributed. Your support makes it possible for us to care for our residents and three homes, as well as plan for the future.
Aug. 8, 2021, is designated as Aldersgate Special Needs Sunday by the South Carolina Conference. Please consider a special offering on this day, or choose another Sunday that works for your church.
We hope the options below will allow your congregation to support Aldersgate. The pandemic has been hard on our residents who are used to being active in the community. We ask for your continued prayers as we move forward.
Ways to plan and participate
- Place an announcement in your church newsletter and promote on social media. Here’s an example.
- Order inserts and envelopes to place in bulletins or on each pew, or at the rear of the sanctuary beside an offering basket.
- Show Aldersgate’s short video before collecting an offering.
- Read JT’s story to the congregation before collecting an offering.
- Remind the congregation they may give online at aldersgatespecialneedsministry.org.
- If your church accepts online giving, consider an online collection with donations designated to Aldersgate.
If you are ordering envelopes or printed bulletin inserts, please email the order form from the link above to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 31, 2021, in order to receive your materials in time for your Aug. 8 services.
We appreciate your prayers and support. God has blessed this ministry, and we are grateful.