Job Description: Pianist
St. James UMC, Goose Creek, SC
512 St. James Ave. Goose Creek, SC 29445
Reports To: Pastor
Position Hours: Salaried
Purpose of Job: The Pianist is responsible for piano/organ accompaniment for regular services, choir rehearsals, and for special services throughout the year.
Qualifications: The Pianist shall possess a high degree of proficiency and experience playing the piano.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide piano/organ accompaniment as selected by Music Director for St. James UMC during choir rehearsals.
- Provide piano/organ accompaniment for Sunday worship services and occasional services as selected by Music Director or Pastor (Week of Christian Unity, Ash Wednesday, Maundy-Thursday, Christmas Eve, and other services scheduled by the Worship Committee).
- Familiarity with hymnody preferred or willingness to learn.
- Respond to emails, phone calls, and texts in a timely manner.
- Perform all job duties in accordance with St. James UMC Code of Conduct.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or GED.
- Associate degree in music or 2 years experience commensurate to the position.
- Devoted to the vision, mission, and core values of St. James UMC and ecclesial worship through music.
- Operates with a spirit of excellence.
- Willingness to work and learn alongside others.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Positive attitude, fun, enjoyable.
Rev. Josh Tietje
firstname.lastname@example.org / (828) 476-0113