Pastors anticipating a new appointment at the 2019 South Carolina Annual Conference are strongly encouraged to attend one of four transition retreats scheduled in May across the conference.
The retreats – “Letting Go & Taking Hold” – also are designed to help Staff-Parish Relations Committee chairpersons at churches anticipating a new pastoral appointment this year.
Mark Tidsworth – a certified clergy coach, leadership consultant and author – will lead the retreats, which will include presentations, small-group dialogue, fellowship, individual reflection and commissioning.
The cost of the retreat is $10 per person, which must be paid when registering. Continuing education credit (.5 CEU) will be awarded to pastors who attend.
Pastors and SPRC chairpersons are asked to attend the retreat in the tri-district where they currently serve, but you may attend on another date if you cannot make it to your local retreat.
- Tri-District: Marion, Hartsville, Florence districts
- Pisgah UMC, 621 N. Ebenezer Road, Florence
- Registration deadline: April 29
- Tri-District: Columbia, Rock Hill, Greenwood districts
- Mt. Hebron UMC, 3050 Leaphart Road, West Columbia
- Registration deadline: April 30
- Tri-District: Charleston, Orangeburg, Walterboro districts
- Indian Field UMC, 2030 Highway 15 North, St. George
- Registration deadline: May 13
- Tri-District: Anderson, Greenville, Spartanburg districts
- Mauldin UMC, 100 E. Butler Ave., Mauldin
- Registration deadline: May 21
Pastors are encouraged to read “Your Best Move,” by Robert Kaylor.