Part Time Minister of Music and Worship
Boone Hill United Methodist Church
801 Boone Hill Rd, Summerville, SC 29483
Office Phone 843-873-7461
- Overview of the Position
- In Truth and Spirit ( John 4:21-24), the minister of music, in close collaboration with the pastor, will oversee and develop all existing musical aspects of the church in order to cultivate and establish a worship culture for all ages.
Personal Confession of Faith and Calling (One Page)
- All candidates must be able briefly articulate orally and in writing who Jesus is to you and why you feel called to lead God’s people in worship!
- Worship and Music Philosophy (One Page)
- All candidates must be able to Biblically articulate a philosophy of worship.
- Basic Qualifications
- A degree in music or working toward a degree.
- A pastoral commitment to the congregational life of the church
- Previous experience in conducting church ensembles and song leading.
- Familiarity with the Methodist Hymnal and Liturgies
- Familiarity with sacred piano and organ music, hymns and choral anthems for all ages
- Familiarity with multiple musical genres to cultivate a worship culture.
- Good organizational, communication, people and leadership skills.
- Overview of Responsibilities
- Provide piano and/or organ music for all Sunday worship services
- Provide piano and/or organ music for weddings, funerals, special events and services as needed.
- In collaboration with the pastor, plan and design worship services and events.
- In collaboration with the pastor, recruit, jumpstart and revitalize an adult choir, handbell choir and other ensembles as the church grows.
- Accountability and Supervision
- The minister of music will be accountable primarily to the Pastor, worship committee, SPRC committee and Administrative Council Umbrella.
- Compensation: $12,000.00-$15,000.00
- Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
We desire to fill the position asap