“The Way Forward: Giving Leadership to Difficult Conversations” is the theme of the 2018 Fall Clergy Orders Gathering, scheduled for Oct. 30, 2018, in the South Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Registration is $12, which includes lunch. Registration deadline is Friday, Oct. 19.
Registration for this event has closed.
The purpose of the Clergy Orders Gathering is to:
- Offer current, unbiased information on the proposals from the Commission On A Way Forward to the Special General Conference in February 2019.
- Learn and experience having difficult, yet grace-filled conversations concerning human sexuality issues in the United Methodist Church.
- Present clergy with the tools and experience of participating in a process of constructive conversation that might be used within their own ministry setting.
- Share information – not necessarily changing peoples’ minds or positions.
Preparing for Clergy Orders
To help you get the most out of the gathering, organizers recommend participants read these publications before attending:
- “Living Faithfully: Human Sexuality and the United Methodist Church” (Abingdon Press)
- “The Anatomy of Peace: Resolving the Heart of Conflict” (The Arbinger Institute)
- “Rooted in Grace: Essays on Dialogue without Division” (Missional Wisdom Foundation)
- “Finding A Way Forward: Resources for Witness, Contextual Leadership and Unity”
- About the UMC’s Commission on a Way Forward
- Commission on a Way Forward on Facebook
- Praying Our Way Forward