- This event has passed.
Seeking God Together: A Group Spiritual Direction Experience (Session 2)
August 1, 2022 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
A 3-Session Series (3-5 participants)
July 18, August 1 & August 15
The Spiritual Direction group listens to God on behalf of each other, helping each other watch and listen for God’s activity in their individual lives. Participants remain open and available to God so that God can lead each person into the insights, emotions, actions, courage and maturity that are necessary to grow in faith and discipleship.
Group sessions are flexible, but generally, the following format will be used:
- Silence – To let go of the cares of the day, dedicate the session to God, and to meditate on what to share.
- Sharing – One person presents. The group listens prayerfully without interruption.
- Silence – The group listens together for God’s response to the presenter.
- Response – The group shares comments or questions that have come up during the silence.
- Silence – The group prays for the presenter.
- Steps 2-5 are repeated for each person in the group.
- The group closes the session by reflecting on their time together.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.