- This event has passed.
A Deep Dive into the Enneagram – a Tool for Personal Transformation
July 14 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until August 18, 2022
A 6-week series – Thursday, July 14 – Thursday, August 18 from 1 – 2:30 pm
Week One (July 14) – Introduction to the Enneagram and the 9 Enneagram Types
- The ancient roots of the Enneagram can be traced back to the wisdom or spiritual traditions of all three of the Abrahamic faiths – Christianity, as well as Judaism and Sufism (Muslim). In all three traditions, the end goal would have been, and continues to be, what good Wesleyans describe as “sanctification” or the transformation of the whole person – from the inside out.
- Learn details about the gifts and challenges of each of the 9 Enneagram Types.
Week Two (July 21) – The 9 Enneagram Compulsions/Passions
- Our Enneagram Compulsion or Passion is an exaggerated underlying emotional state that controls and drives everything we think, say and do. It is the operating system of our souls. Our Enneagram Compulsions/Passions prevent the energy of life, God’s love, from flowing freely. They cut us off from God and others, and hence from our own authentic potential. Becoming conscious of our Compulsion or Passion is an important step in releasing its control over our lives.
Week Three (July 28) – The Wings and Arrows
- Your basic Enneagram type dominates your overall personality, while your Wing (one of the two types adjacent to your type on the Enneagram symbol) complements it and adds important elements to your total personality. Your wing is the “second side” of your personality, and taking it into consideration helps us to better understand ourselves and others.
- Two interior lines with arrows branch off from your Enneagram Type and connect to two other Enneagram types. One of the lines represents your natural direction toward growth and integration, and the other leads to your natural direction of stress and disintegration. When we are awake and aware, both can provide pathways to healing and wholeness.
Week Four (August 4) – The 3 Centers of Intelligence and the 3 Enneagram Stances
- When we are born, God endows each of us with 3 necessary Centers of Intelligence. They are Feeling (Heart), Thinking (Head) and Doing (Body). These centers provide a range of information that not only helps us understand our own type’s gifts and challenges, but also why other types see the world so differently.
- Enneagram Stances describe the basic attitude or approach we take toward the world and other people, as well as our strategy for getting what we want. The 3 stances are Aggressive, Dependent and Withdrawing.
Week Five (August 11) – The 3 Instincts and 27 Subtypes
- Like all of God’s creatures, we have 3 basic instinctual drives that are essential for existence. (Self-Preservation, Social and One-on-one) They are separate from our personality types and are behind our life strategies, often unconscious, yet powerfully directing our fundamental way of being. While all 3 Instincts are always present and available, one of the three becomes dominant and is more easily accessed and, therefore, more easily used than the other two. When the dominant instinct merges with the 9 core Enneagram types, a new character structure is formed. These are the 27 Subtypes that provide us with deeper levels of self-understanding and paths for healing and growth.
Week Six (August 18) – The Levels of Health and Development
- The Levels of Health and Development account for differences among people of the same type as well as how people change for better or for worse. By understanding the Levels for each type, we can see how all of the traits are interrelated—and how healthy traits can deteriorate into average traits and possibly into unhealthy ones. Our life task, and an important pathway to healing and wholeness, is to be mindful of our levels at any given time and, with the guidance and power of the Holy Spirit, intentionally move up the levels to restore God’s divine image in us.
When: Jul 14, 2022 01:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.