St. John’s United Methodist Church in downtown Rock Hill, South Carolina, is looking to hire a Director of Youth Ministries.
The Director of Youth Ministries ensures that various youth and college-age programs and opportunities for discipleship are developed and implemented for youth ages sixth grade through college. This person is accountable for the development of ministry programming that continues to nurture a spiritual foundation for youth that carries them into adulthood.
Major accountabilities/job functions include:
- Coordination, oversight, and development of youth programs to include weekday and Sunday programs
- Identify and execute ministry and missions opportunities for youth to participate in, including retreats, mission trips, and local service projects
- Coordination, oversight, and development of collegiate programs
- Liaison for all youth program ministries
The Director of Youth Ministries must be affirming of ALL youth.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job-related work experience (preferably in education or Christian education/ministry)
- Seminary education is preferred.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge, e.g. Microsoft Office, the Google Suite
- Strong team-building skills, works well with diverse groups of people
Application and resumes will be received through December 20, 2020. Applications will be reviewed and interviews held in January 2021. If interested in applying for the position, please send a letter of interest along with a resume to:
Ida Newsom, Chair SPRC
St. John’s United Methodist Church
321 S. Oakland Avenue
Rock Hill, SC 29730
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org