Covenant United Methodist Church, Greer, SC
Position Overview: The Director of Communications plans, coordinates, designs and implements the overall external and internal marketing and communications efforts of Covenant through print and electronic media. The position strives to ensure high-quality, high-impact communications that effectively communicate a message to its intended audience, best reflecting the church priorities and assisting in sharing the Gospel.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Maintain consistent Covenant branding and logos, church advertising/marketing, both digital and print media.
- Design creatively, produce and maintain graphics and logos for ministries, special events, sermon series, and day-to-day communications of the church. These designs are used for print media: ministry materials (brochures, inserts, booklets, posters, flyers, postcards, promotional materials [i.e. banners, shirts, bags, cups, etc.]) and digital media: website, video production, social media, church app, mass emails, push notifications, sanctuary screens. Other needs as they arise. Examples: Small Groups, Sunday Morning Groups, Evangelism, Covenant Christian Academy, CovKids, CovStudents, Young Adults, CovSeniors, Missions, Sports Ministry, Sermon Series, Vacation Bible School, Women’s Ministry, Men’s Ministry, Finance, Church-wide/Individual Ministry special events and more. This includes the design, layout, graphics, formatting, content, coordination, editing, proofing, and publishing.
- Design creatively and produce the bulletin, inserts, memorial service programs and special event programs.
- Responsible for photography and video related to all ministry areas (some Sundays required/weekends required).
- Responsible for writing all copy needed for print materials, either organically produced or from information given from ministry areas.
- Design and produce the “In His Steps” book and commitment cards. This includes the design, layout, graphics, formatting, content, coordination, editing, proofing and publishing.
- Make use of the outdoor sign for communicating events for the community.
- Determine communications guidelines and ensure that all ministries of Covenant adhere to them – pertaining to all advertising/marketing, website content, social media accounts, graphic content, use of the front sign and all print media of the church; ensuring that it all supports the mission and vision of Covenant and is consistent with Covenant branding.
- Serves as webmaster and responsible for social media, QR code generation for event, registrations for events, LinkTree, & church app.
- Develops and maintains a communications team to assist with any needs to better communicate with the church.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor and Executive Pastor. Works with pastors and all ministries (staff and leaders) to effectively communicate their objectivities
Education and Experience: This position requires a strong spiritual background and commitment to the church and to the ministry of the church. A minimum of three years experience in print media, web design and graphic design along with a bachelor’s degree in communication, graphic design or related field. The candidate must have a proven track record of effective leadership, judgment, above reproach character, and the ability to maintain confidentiality. The candidate must have experience in multiple workplace technologies including WordPress, Creative Suite (or similar), Vimeo (or similar), and Microsoft Business Suite.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications and experience of the selected candidate.
Interested parties should forward a complete application packet to Rev. Matt Yon at firstname.lastname@example.org. It should include the following:
- Cover letter with general background information, family, community involvement, and hobbies
- Current resume
- List of 3 references
- Online portfolio or three work examples