- Serving as the liaison between the Bishop, the Cabinet and the Board of Ordained Ministry
- Serving as the staff support person for the Board of Ordained Ministry by:
- Maintaining the records of the 1,400-plus candidates and clergy members of the conference, both active and retired.
- Working with those persons seeking ordination.
- Assisting with oversight of licensing and ordination process and policies.
- Assisting with preparations for and conduct of meetings of the Conference Board of Ordained Ministry.
- Preparing the materials for the Clergy Session of Annual Conference.
- Providing training to district committees on ordained ministry.
- Serving as a member of the Extended Cabinet.