The South Carolina Conference welcomes persons from diverse backgrounds and traditions who feel a call to serve United Methodist congregations in our state.
Persons from South Carolina and clergy from other UMC annual conferences and other Christian denominations sometimes wish to make themselves available to serve UMCSC congregations, if appointments are available and missionally appropriate.
Certain documentation is required by the UMC Book of Discipline and UMCSC leadership to complete the application for each of these relationships. Learn more about the criteria and requirements for each of these at the corresponding links below.
As you consider service in the South Carolina Conference and as you prepare the required file items, these resources might be helpful to you:
• By Water and the Spirit – United Methodist theology of Baptism
• This Holy Mystery – United Methodist theology of Holy Communion
• UMC Social Principles – Official statements of United Methodist belief and practice
• What We Believe – Explore deeper what we believe about God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, the Bible and more.
• Conversation – Reach out to a United Methodist minister, a district superintendent in your area, or a lay leader.
Click on the button below that best describes the circumstances of your call.
Questions may be directed to the Rev. Mel Arant, Coordinator of Clergy Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.