Job Title: Associate Pastor
Directly Reports to: Lead Pastor and Staff-Parish Relations Committee (SPRC)
The Associate Pastor serves by teaching, preaching, designing and coordinating events and programs, assisting with pastoral care, assisting the lead pastor with the Sacraments of Holy Communion and Baptism, and participating in the planning of worship. This is a position that requires a willingness to engage in a variety of ministry functions and work collaboratively with the Lead Pastor to provide spiritual leadership for the congregation.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop and implement programming for age-level ministries, especially children and their families.
- Recruits, coordinates and encourages volunteers
- Provides necessary training for volunteers and leaders
- Coordinates a variety of programs and events such as children’s ministry and fundraisers
- Attend scheduled meetings (including evenings as required)
- Communicates and participates with the congregation and community in outreach ministries
- Create and develop a children’s ministry program
- Evaluate program effectiveness on an ongoing basis with staff and leadership
- Order all approved program materials requested by staff and volunteers
- Coordinate VBS program
- Oversee nursery program: recruits and trains attendants, monitors supplies
- Coordinate Children’s Church volunteers, lessons, and supplies
- Oversee/maintain/forecast budget for programs and age level ministries
- Coordinate volunteers and large such as Pumpkin Patch 3 times a year
- Write articles for bulletins and newsletters
- Supervise age level positions as the program grows
Additional Job Information:
- A special interest in children’s ministry is needed at this time.
- This position may evolve over time as programs are developed, tasks are delegated, and needs shift. The ability to navigate these changes is expected.
- This position will work closely with the Lead Pastor. Enjoying collaboration in addition to a willingness to take projects on individually is necessary.
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications, and will meet Annual Conference requirements.
Qualifications (necessary skills and experience required):
- Deacon candidate, commissioned or ordained Deacon preferred
- Experience in working with children and their families
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work with others
- Proficiency with technology (Microsoft Word, Windows, Social Media, etc.)
To apply contact please email firstname.lastname@example.org.