We provide the highest quality of life and the greatest level of independence in Christian homes for adults with special needs.
Aldersgate Special Needs Sunday – Aug. 11, 2019
Download bulletin insert
Order printed supplies (by July 30)
Download Aldersgate brochure
About Aldersgate Special Needs Ministry
What is Aldersgate Special Needs Ministry?
- A United Methodist agency formed by families and friends seeking to prepare for the future of their loved ones with developmental disabilities.
How do we help adults with developmental disabilities?
- Maintain homes for adults with special needs so they can live in a Christian environment with a staff dedicated to providing a loving home.
Where are these homes?
- Aldersgate at The Oaks, adjacent to The Methodist Oaks Retirement Community in Orangeburg, is a home for six men.
- Aldersgate Columbia, near Epworth Children’s Home, is a home for six women.
- Aldersgate Florence (Rick’s House), near The Methodist Manor of the Pee Dee, is a home for four men.
What else do these homes provide?
- Life-skills training and work experiences
- Daily-living skills: cooking, laundry, self-help, social and recreational
- Sunday connections to worshipping communities
Why help adults with developmental disabilities?
- They are one of the most underserved populations in South Carolina and the nation.
- As caregivers age, waiting lists for housing for adults with special needs grow.
- Often, the only way for parents to get housing for a family member with special needs is to die or become disabled themselves.
How can you help?
- Send donations to:
Aldersgate Special Needs Ministry
P.O. Box 5781
Columbia, SC 29250.
- Lend professional expertise.
- Adopt Aldersgate as an ongoing mission project for your church group.
- Lend your prayers, spiritual and moral support.