The Secretary of the Annual Conference is elected by the members of the Annual Conference. Rev. Nelson was elected in June 2014.
Functions carried out by the Conference Secretary include:
- Assisting the bishop and the Committee on the Annual Conference plan and coordinate Annual Conference sessions.
- Keeping the official record of all Annual Conference business sessions.
- Editing the Annual Conference Journal and the Program and Reports, and the pre-conference materials.
- Maintaining records of the Conference Committee on Nominations, the Conference Committee on the Annual Conference, and the Conference Board of Trustees.
Election of Delegates to 2020 General & Jurisdictional Conferences
Eligible clergy members (full elders and deacons in good standing, active and retired) who are nominated by means of one of the forms linked below by Feb. 1, 2019, shall be listed on the Annual Conference ballot. Those nominees will be assigned an election number, and their information will be included in pre-conference materials.
- Nomination Form: Clergy Delegate To 2020 General And Jurisdictional Conferences
- Nomination Form: Lay Delegate To 2020 General And Jurisdictional Conferences
Write-in ballot process
Eligible clergy who are not nominated by Feb. 1, 2019, still may participate in the delegate election process by means of a write-in ballot. Standing Rule 28 of the South Carolina Annual Conference (2018) provides that eligible clergy members “receiving 12 or more write-in votes on any ballot during the election process shall be assigned a number and added to the clergy ballot.”