Prepare for and conduct the performance of music by the Adult Chancel Choir and Children’s Choir at Sunday worship services and at other times as determined. Establish an enthusiastic, positive environment which enhances the ministry of music at Socastee United Methodist Church, Myrtle Beach. Work in cooperation with other members of the church staff; take direction from the pastor.
- Experience in directing adult and children’s choirs and knowledge of effective choral directing techniques.
- The ability to work effectively with people of all ages.
- Good people skills; be cooperative and outgoing.
- Organizational skills for planning and purchasing music, utilizing limited funding.
- A committed Christian dedicated to offering praise and glory to God through music.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop a yearly schedule for the Chancel Choir and Children’s Choir, to include holidays and other church events.
- Retain current members and actively recruit new choir members, soloists and musically talented individuals.
- Select and purchase music
- Provide choir schedule, music selection and other pertinent information to the church office.
- Effectively rehearse music to be presented during worship. Teach choral techniques to provide continued development of choirs.
- Maintain orderly files of music and musical resources.
Salary commensurate with experience. Please email resumes to Mary Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the church finds a suitable candidate before the deadline, the church reserves the right to hire that person.