Our mission statement
The Committee on Ethnic Local Church Concerns provides resources and promotes training for leaders, clergy and lay, for the mission of the local church in the areas of local church concerns. The goal is to create a shared vision, improve effectiveness of ministry, and participate in the development of practical ways of living out the faith in the church and the world.
- Incorporation of the concerns of our ethnic local churches in the conference agenda, programs and budgets
- Assisting in the implementation of the conference comprehensive plan for the development and strengthening of the ethnic local church by providing program support for various ethnic ministries and task forces
- This includes the African-American, Asian, Hispanic, Native-American and other constituencies
- Collaboration with Religion & Race and the Office of Connectional Ministries
Our mission is to establish priorities in the areas that address local church concerns.
The South Carolina ELCC Committee annually addresses emerging needs and visioning for the future. Specific program proposals with recommended priorities shall be developed and brought annually to the Office of Connectional Ministries for the purpose of developing Annual Conference.
The South Carolina ELCC Committee:
- Provides up to four scholarships for a church and one grant per funding cycle (as long as requested information has been received for any prior funding received).
- Normally funds smaller membership churches, with average Sunday worship attendance of 125 or less. If a larger church requires assistance, their request can be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Application deadline is two months prior to the event deadline
- Registrants provide a copy of the event’s registration form – submitting it with the SC ELCC Scholarship Application form.
- Requires that ALL REQUESTED INFORMATION BE PROVIDED. It’s important that we have valid telephone numbers where the applicant can be reached day or night and a valid email address.
- Requires that the SC ELCC Scholarship Reporting Form be completed and submitted no later than one month after an event ends.
Any reports not received by the requested time frame will cause the church to be disqualified for any further scholarship and/or grant consideration for one year. To be considered for future funding, a requested report must be on file.