Director of Student Ministries
First United Methodist Church in Mountain Home, Arkansas is seeking a full-time Director of Student Ministries. A well-established congregation averaging 350 in worship weekly, FUMCMH seeks to share with others the mission of Making Life Better and YOU Better at Life Through Jesus Christ. The Director of Student Ministries will oversee the discipleship programs for 6th-12th grade students. Ideal for this role would be a detail-oriented, hands-on minister who collaborates with and empowers teams of volunteers within a sustainable model of ministry. This position reports directly to the senior pastor.
Primary responsibilities for the position include:
- Provides weekly programs, Bible studies and other discipleship opportunities for youth in 6-12 grade
- Builds relationships with students and families which may come in the form of mission opportunities, retreats, school lunches, or community events
- Recruits, trains, resources, and encourages adult volunteers.
- Participates in district and conference level events and networks
- Supports and equips parents
- Organizes the infrastructure of the ministry, ordering paperwork, guiding processes, implementing systems, and managing child protective policies
- Communicates regularly with key ministry stakeholders, both inside the church and those who are a part of the community
- Stewards the budget and maintains the financial accountability of the ministry
Qualifications for this position are:
- Minimum High School diploma/GED, but some college is preferred
- At least 1-3 years of student ministry experience is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate and articulate a deep personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- An understanding of Wesleyan Theology
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing
- Ability to organize and keep accurate and detailed records
- Strong competence and comfort with technology, including effectively utilizing platforms of digital communications, social media, and church-specific software
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and think creatively
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
Qualified candidates should send their resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.