Reidville Road United Methodist Church in Moore, SC is seeking a part-time Director of Children and Youth Minister.
Responsible to: Pastor for day-to-day operations, and Pastor Parish Staff Committee for fulfilling responsibilities defined in the job description, defining goals, evaluation, and communication of concerns related to the performance of the position.
Primary Function: The Director of Children and Youth Ministries will develop and oversee the Christian Education Program for children and youth, which includes Sunday children’s time during each weekly services, weekly guidance for Sunday school programming for children/youth, Vacation Bible School, Christmas and Easter pageants, and small group study programs. The Director of Children and Youth Ministries will work to foster a strong education program through building relationships with teachers, students, parents, and church leaders that strengthen the students growth in their faith in Jesus Christ and commitment to the church.
Plan, develop, coordinate, promote, and implement a quality Christian education for children and youth in the following areas:
- Children’s time during worship services
- Sunday school for children and youth by supporting teachers with content and materials
- Vacation Bible School
- Confirmation processes, classes, and confirmation ceremony
- Recruitment and supervision of teachers, leaders, and other required volunteers to meet education program requirements of the church, and assist in the classroom as time permits
- Seasonal and special events
- Ensures that volunteers follow Safe Sanctuary policies and background check have been completed as required
- Develop children and youth in their Christian spiritual and social development
- Develop and facilitate a “give back” program for children and youth encouraging servant leadership such as visiting homebound, fundraising to help church or community, or other charitable work.
- Instruct and train children and youth to understand implement the Bible into their lives.
- Communicate educational programming news that shows evidence of planning with pastor, parents, and congregation on a frequent basis.
- Develop a Children and Youth Ministry strategic plan that supports the mission and vision of RRUMC.
- Participate in the preparation and development of the budget for the Children and Youth Ministry while striving to spend monies judiciously.
- Participate in the Administrative Council Meetings and communicate plans for upcoming events and services.
- Minimum of two years previous experience preferred, which can be in a volunteer capacity but should include proven demonstrations of successful leadership.
- Will consider students in in theological studies and will consider splitting position into two with one individual working with youth and another with children.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal members of the congregation and guests
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently to complete assignments
- High school diploma or GED required
- Part time, up to 20 hours per week
Please submit letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Learn more about us at https://rrumc.com/