St. Stephen UMC, a large United Methodist Church in suburban south Charlotte, seeks part-time Director of Adult Ministries; this is a 25 hour/week, hourly non-exempt position reporting directly to the Senior Pastor and administratively to the Staff-Parish Relations Committee.
Responsibilities include facilitating the spiritual growth of St. Stephen’s adult community through small group ministries and participates in the development of new small groups to connect adults where:
• Meaningful relationships are established
• Learning opportunities are provided
• Participants are encouraged to grow deeper in their relationship with God as followers of Jesus Christ
• A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Christian or religious studies
• Excellent communication skills
• Experience organizing and/or managing small groups of adults in a religious setting
• An understanding of United Methodist theology
• The ability to:
o Work efficiently and in a timely manner
o Work well with staff, members of the congregation and other people with whom she/he comes into contact during the performance of these job responsibilities.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and contact information to Christy Stephens (Chair of St. Stephen’s Staff Parish committee) at email@example.com or contact by phone at 704-552-2780. Thank you!