The Contemporary Worship Leader position is a part-time position reporting to the Pastor. In collaboration with the staff and clergy of the church, the Contemporary Worship Leader will oversee all aspects of music for the contemporary worship service and special programs in accordance with the practices of the United Methodist Church. Â The Contemporary Worship Leader will exude passion for authentic Christian worship and provide vocal and musical leadership that fosters a spiritually uplifting contemporary worship experience, drawing the congregation into the presence of God.
- Have creative vision and demonstrated an ability to plan, develop, coordinate, manage and implement all aspects of music for the contemporary worship service.
- Have a strong singing voice and have the ability to lead and engage the congregation in worship using contemporary Christian music.
- Extensive musical ability with experience playing a guitar and/or keyboard and ability to lead and recruit instrumentalists for the band.
- Experience in contemporary worship as a leader or member of a worship music team.
- A broad knowledge of all aspects of worship ministry including sound, audio-visual, lighting and production.
Â Responsibilities Include:
- Directing the contemporary band, including leading the group through all songs during worship service and special programs.
- Directing recorded and live-streamed worship content.
- Leading the congregation through greetings, prayers, transitions and singing to facilitate praise and connection with God through worship.
- Scheduling and leading contemporary band rehearsals.
- Selecting songs for contemporary worship services, collaborating with the Pastor, Traditional Worship Leader, Audio/Visual Technician, Worship Committee, and Church Office Staff to ensure all elements of the service are coordinated with the message/song choices, and audio/visual elements.
- Oversee set-up and tear-down of sound equipment before and after contemporary rehearsals, worship services and special programs.
- Preparing music in advance of rehearsals, and continually seeking out new songs for contemporary service.
- Recruiting new singers and musicians into the band as needed to ensure a vibrant contemporary worship ministry.
- Develop a qualified alternate leader to lead worship when needed.
- Supervise the Audio/Visual Technician.
- Must be a team player by working in concert with ALL ministry staff and leaders of the church.
- Will be subject to criminal background checks as required by the churchâs Safe Sanctuary policy.
- Must embrace Christian discipline and United Methodist doctrine and theology and serve as a positive role model in a Christian environment.
- Will be supervised in day-to-day operations by the Senior Pastor.
- Will be accountable to the Staff/Parish Relations Committee and shall receive evaluations (including salary recommendation) by this body.
Visit Philadelphia United Methodist Church Jobs, Employment in Fort Mill, SC 2021 | Indeed.com to apply for the position.