Aldersgate UMC in Augusta, Georgia, seeks a part-time (20 hours a week) Connections Director to lead care, discipleship, missions, and guests/new members. Attention will be given to creating systems and encouraging laity to be in ministry. Contact: Rev. Brett DeHart at firstname.lastname@example.org
Principle Tasks and Expectations:
a. Development and oversight of the Care Team (Hospital visitation, Home-based visitation, calls, cards, flower, quilt, prayer, Holy Communion to home-based members, bereavement)
b. Senior Saints Ministry
a. In consultation with the Pastor, develop and execute a discipleship plan
b. Serve as a resource for groups and classes
c. Encourage laity to lead discipleship classes
d. Coach leaders in our Sunday School ministry
a. Coach leaders and oversee our Missions Ministry
4. GUESTS AND NEW MEMBERS
a. Create, execute, and maintain an effective guest follow-up system
b. Shepherd people from guest to consistent attender/participant to new member to active disciple
- Personally grow as a passionate disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Model a positive, light-of-Christ spirit.
- Individually and collaboratively with other staff and laity support and facilitate progress on the church’s mission.
- Ensure effective care of members with particular attention to facilitating lay involvement in care
- Develop and grow adults as disciples of Jesus Christ that love God and love neighbor.
- Increase people’s missional activity and practice of invitational evangelism.
- Seek out, welcome, and involve new people into the church and programming
- Ensure a 100% safe environment for all involved
- Ensure sound Wesleyan theology that does not conflict with The Book of Discipline of the United Methodist Church.