The South Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church is hiring an Accounts Payable/Accounting Assistant, who is responsible for processing invoices and other accounting related support services. This part-time, non-exempt position requires assisting in the daily operations of the Treasurer’s Office/Administrative Services and upholding the integrity and confidentiality of financial transactions.
Role | Responsibilities
- Provide assistance to the controller and treasurer.
- Maintain vendor profiles and records. Prepare and enter invoices for payment.
- Distribute checks for payments. Answer vendor inquiries.
- Assist in entering journal entries and cash receipts input (apportionments, direct bill, etc.) as needed.
- Maintain office equipment and postage equipment. Add postage to prepaid equipment and permit accounts when required. Process reports to distribute expenses to departments. Balance accounts to general ledger.
- Post previous day deposits to general ledger and file documentation.
- Sort mail and distribute.
- Enter and scan checks for bank deposits.
- Distribute monthly reports to districts and committees.
- Substitute for building receptionist during absences.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Work as a team on projects that benefit the Treasurer’s Office.
- Positively represent the Annual Conference to any persons seeking information about the United Methodist Church.
- Provide support functions as assigned.
- Qualifications | Education Requirements
- Minimum of high school diploma required.
- Technical training or associates degree preferred.
- Training in Microsoft Office products preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills, particularly related to telephone and email communication
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher)
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge and understanding of accounting systems.
- Be sympathetic with the Christian faith and purposes of the United Methodist Denomination
How to apply
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume with “Accounts Payable” in the subject line to Beth Westbury, Conference Treasurer, at email@example.com by March 31.