South Carolina Conference Men n Ministry
Ministry Links: Strength for Service | Upper Room Prayer line | Scouting
“The Power Of Prayer” Men’s Prayer Event
Sunday, November 16, 2014 4 till 7PM at Aynor United Methodist Church, 1007 Elm St., Aynor, SC 29511
Registration available at: https://sites.google.com/site/mariond… or at the door.
No charge. All men are welcome.
HERE ARE OUR NEW ADDITIONS FOR 2015
- New venue Christ UMC *Seating for 1,900
- Professional Sound System, Lighting, Audio and Video
- Large Stage *Large screens *Large vending area * Huge gathering area
to serve as HOST HOTELS (others available)
Host Hotels Clarion on Inter Coastal Waterway
(152 rooms) $65/nt w/breakfast
Sonesta Suites 1 or 2 bedroom (80 Suites Available) $65-$85/nt w/breakfast
We have blocked all the rooms at both Hotels. Special arrangements have been made to accommodate our ministry. Your early reservation will assure you of a room within 2/10’s of a mile from Christ Church.
- Hotels and Suites within 2/10 mile * Private catering of Breakfast **Hotels have on site fishing * Prayer rooms in each hotel
- Clarion Hotel entertainment provided for after hours.
- Inter Coastal Waterway Pontoon Rides sponsored for Sat (1-5pm)
- Full Basketball Court (Sonesta) * Indoor Swimming Pool (Clarion)
- Fitness rooms at both
- Same Room Rates Guaranteed for additional nights if requested.
Saturday & Sunday Additions
- 1pm -2:15pm & 2:30 – 3:45pm 5-7 Workshops provided
- 1pm – 2:30pm Missional Opportunities provided
- Sunday Sun Rise Service at Clarion Hotel
- Sunday Traditional Service at Christ UMC 8:45am
OTHER Possible Activities being discussed: Horse Shoe & Corn Hole Tournament, 3 on 3 basketball challenge and a Run for God.
REGISTER EARLY and SAVE $30-$40 Big discounts before December 31st.Group Reservations Available: Register 5 men get one free.Individual and Group Registrations forms for the weekend can be foundOn-Line after October 1st by visiting www.ummsc.orgFor Hotel Reservations Call:Clarion at 843-236-1000 or visit: www.clarionhotelmyrtlebeach.comSonesta Suites at 843-903-4000 or visit: www.sonesta.com/myrtlebeach
OUR PROGRAM IS DESIGNED FOR ALL AGES
INVITE YOUR PASTOR INVITE A YOUNG ADULT INVITE A FRIEND
Bishop Jonathan Holston – SC Bishop – Our leader Dreaming God Size Dreams
Rev John Ed Mathison – Former Pastor of Frazier UMC (7,000+ members) Director of John Ed Leadership Ministries – Author, former basketball player, former #1 ranked tennis player in Alabama and has won 7 state championships in Racquetball.
Albert Long – Only athlete in the history of ACC to receive 4-letters in sports during the same year. (UNC) Albert is a powerful witness to God’s grace and love.
Adrian Depres - Head Chaplain of USC Gamecock Football Team. Evangelist for Kingdom Builders Ministries- High Octane speaker and motivator for the Lord.
Rev James Friday - Greenwood D/S – Cabinet Representative to UMMen
Music will be provided by: Solo’s, Praise band and Gospel group
Herman Lightsey | firstname.lastname@example.org | (H) 803-781-5798 | (W) 803-896-5821
The South Carolina Conference of United Methodist Men is committed to strengthening men for the ministry. The organization is a supportive fellowship of men who seek to know Jesus Christ, to grow spiritually and to seek His will daily. Our primary purpose is to declare the centrality of Christ in the lives of men and in all of their relationships.
- To encourage knowledge and support for the total mission of the United Methodist Church
- To enhance evangelism, mission and spiritual life, as men become servant leaders
- To advocate programs that train men within the local churches to promote specific ministries including prayer, missions, stewardship, hunger relief and civic/youth serving ministries
- To forge pastoral partnerships by men committed to the effective support and service of clergy and local congregations
- To assist men in their ever-changing relationships, roles and responsibilities in the family setting, workplace and society
- To seek commitment to discipleship
- To encourage daily Bible Study and prayer
- “To be doers of the Word and not hearers only” (James 1:22)