Some of the functions carried out by Ken and his administrative assistant, Martha Long, include:
1) Serving as the liaison between the bishop, cabinet, and Board of Ordained Ministry
2) Serving as the staff support person for the Board of Ordained Ministry by:
- Maintaining the records of the 1400+ candidates and clergy members of the conference, both active and retired.
- Working with those persons seeking ordination.
- Assisting with oversight of licensing and ordination process and policies.
- Assisting with preparations for and conduct of meetings of the Conference Board of Ordained Ministry.
- Preparing the materials for the Clergy Session of Annual Conference.
3) Providing training to district committees on ordained ministry.
4) Serving as a member of the Extended Cabinet.