OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The Committee on Ethnic Local Church Concerns exists to provide resources and promote training for leaders, clergy and lay, for the mission of the local church in the areas of local church concerns. The goal is to create a shared vision, improve effectiveness of ministry and participate in the development of practical ways of living out the faith in the church and the world.
Our Annual Conference responsibilities include the incorporation of the concerns of our ethnic local churches in the conference agenda, programs and budgets. We also assist in the implementation of the Conferences Comprehensive Plan for the development and strengthening of the ethnic local church by providing program support for various ethnic ministries and task forces. This includes the African-American, Asian, Hispanic, Native-American, and other constituency. We also collaborate with Religion and Race, and the Office of Connectional Ministries
Our mission is to establish priorities in the areas that address local church concerns.
The Committee annually addresses emerging needs and visioning for the future. Specific program proposals with recommended priorities shall be developed and brought annually to the Office of Connectional Ministries for the purpose of developing the Annual Conference budget.
The South Carolina Ethnic Local Church Concerns (SC ELCC) Committee:
1) Normally provides up to 4 scholarships for a church and 1 grant per funding cycle (as long as requested information has been received for any prior funding received).
2) Normally funds smaller membership churches (average Sunday worship attendance of 125 or less). If a larger church requires assistance, their request can be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
3) Application Deadline is one month prior to the event deadline
4) Registrants provide a copy of the event’s registration form – submitting it with the SC ELCC Scholarship Application form.
5) Requires that ALL REQUESTED INFORMATION BE PROVIDED. It’s important that we have valid telephone numbers where the applicant can be reached day or night and a valid email address for communication purposes.
6) Requires that the SC ELCC Scholarship Reporting Form be completed to provide the REPORT THAT IS DUE NO LATER THAN 2 WEEKS AFTER AN EVENT ENDS.
Any reports not received by the requested time frame will cause the church to be disqualified for any further scholarship and/or grant consideration for one year. However, for future funding, a requested report must be on file.
Grant/scholarship application forms: