Contemporary Worship Leader
Good Samaritan United Methodist Church in Lake Wylie, South Carolina, is looking for a contemporary worship leader.
Good Samaritan is a Christian church that encourages individuals to begin and/or deepen their relationship with Christ by building relationships through small group and community wide interactions. We are committed to serving others as Good Samaritans by sharing the love of Christ. Good Sam is located in the heart of Lake Wylie, South Carolina, a rapidly growing area.
• A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ evidenced by a vital, growing personal relationship with Him.
• Prioritizes and engages their pastoral function.
• Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Good Sam UMC.
• Demonstrated excellence as a worship leader.
• A commitment to moral purity.
• A pastoral musician with a heart for the spiritual formation of those in the congregation and the worship ministry.
• Skilled instrumentalist (preferably guitar and/or piano or keyboard) - a true musician.
• Lead quality vocalist - a strong, listenable voice to be easily followed.
• Relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading a congregation in worship.
• Skilled in vocal and instrumental direction.
• Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
• Skilled in the use of technology in worship and in the use of sound, lighting, computers, PowerPoint, and/or Easy Worship and video projection.
• Ability to integrate various art forms as needed.
• Potential to incorporate an additional worship service.
• A self-starter.
• A team player with a positive attitude.
• Faithfully attend and carry out all duties.
• The Worship Leader will be supportive of the Senior Pastor’s goals.
• The Worship Leader will attend Administrative Council meetings.
• Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship services.
• Build the necessary teams to carry out the worship areas of Good Sam.
• Plan the corporate worship services of Good Sam in consultation with the Senior Pastor and do so with prayer, conceptual forethought, theological accuracy, and musical appropriateness.
• Ensure that all the musical and technical aspects of the service advance the theme for the day.
• Oversee song selection and coordination of all instrumentalists and vocalists.
• Manage the worship department budget, organization, and volunteers.
• Set annual goals for the worship ministry.
Mary Earle Click
5220 Crowder's Cove Lane
Lake Wylie, South Carolina 29710
The South Carolina Conference of the United Methodist Church is looking to hire a benefits assistant.
This full-time, non-exempt position reports to the Conference Benefits Officer and works in the Administrative Services Office at the United Methodist Conference Center, 4908 Colonial Drive, Columbia, South Carolina.
• Enrollment of clergy, participants and churches in the conference benefits programs to include but not limited to adding to the conference and general board data base and billing systems.
• Processing the monthly billing and posting receipt of payments for a group of churches and/or entities for the benefits administered by the Annual Conference and the General Board of Pensions and Health Benefits. This would include billing generation, mailing, and making deposits of payments.
• Liaison between the Conference and clergy and the local church concerning their billing, benefits, eligibility for such benefits, and documents regarding such benefits to include maintenance of the files of such documents.
• May upon occasion be responsible for coordination and attendance of special events, such as Annual Conference Health Screenings, Retiree Meetings, Board Meetings, Local Pastor’s School, and other Benefits Training Events, Retiree Luncheons, etc.
• Be aware of and take advantage of all training opportunities provided by the General Board and the Annual Conference for Pension and Health Benefits Administration.
• Serve as back up to functions of the Treasurer’s Office section of Administrative Services.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of two (2) years of post-secondary school (or equivalent) with at least three (3) years of related experience.
• Technical training or an associate’s degree preferred.
• Training in Microsoft Office products preferred.
• Excellent customer service skills, particularly related to telephone and email communication
• Organizational and time-management skills, attention to detail
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Basic knowledge and understanding of accounting systems and benefits plans, 10 key calculator skills.
• Sympathetic to the Christian faith and purposes of the United Methodist denomination.
• Background check, including credit check, is required.
Deadline for applications is Saturday, Sept. 30, 2017.
To apply for this position, email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com (include reference to “Benefits Assistant” in the subject line).
Pond Branch UMC in Gilbert, S.C., is seeking pianist for 9:30 a.m. worship and 6 p.m. choir rehearsals (Sundays). Send resume and letter of interest for interview.
1913 Pond Branch Road
Gilbert, SC 29054
Saint Luke’s United Methodist Church in Yorktown, Virginia, is seeking a full-time Youth Pastor to minister to and with our middle- and high-school-aged youth.
The ideal candidate will possess a college degree and have at least four years’ experience working with middle- and high-school youth. Deacon’s orders are preferred, but not essential.
Saint Luke’s is a very active and growing 2,000-member church with a heart for mission.
The Youth Pastor will report directly to the senior pastor while working collegially with the other staff.
We offer competitive salary and benefits as well as a generous insurance package.
Send resume and salary expectation to:
Saint Luke’s UMC
300 Ella Taylor Road
Yorktown, VA 23692
Attn: Senior Pastor
Or email to:
No phone calls, please.
Rev. Doug Gestwick
300 Ella Taylor Road
Yorktown, VA 23692
Associate Director of Student Ministry
Chapelwood United Methodist Church (chapelwood.org), a generous flagship church in the Texas Annual Conference, is looking for a dedicated and passionate full-time Associate Director of Student Ministry.
The Associate Director will be responsible for organizing and coordinating ongoing ministries that maximize 7th-12th-grade students’ growth as disciples of Christ, both in and outside the walls of the church, while building relationships with parents and equipping volunteers for ministry.
This position works in close partnerships with all of the Student Ministry team, as well as the Pastor of Family Discipleship, to encourage students’ faith to grow through the following offerings: student gathering for worship, Life Groups, Bible studies throughout the week, and serving in leadership weekly as part of the Wesley Choir.
In addition to opportunities to serve our neighbors throughout the year, youth also serve annually on the SUMMIT student ministry mission trip.
The successful candidate will have a college degree, 3-5 years of experience in student ministry leadership (preferably in a large congregation), and a strong personal faith consistent with the Methodist tradition.
Resumes and cover letters can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
11140 Greenbay st.
Houston, TX 77024
Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries
The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries serves under the direct supervision of the Senior Pastor. The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries shall create a loving Christian environment for youth from grades 6-12, their families and the young adults of the church. This is a part-time position.
• Must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• 2+ years’ experience in youth and young adult ministries; 4-year college degree preferred; seminary studies desired.
• Strong faith in God and the ability to share that faith.
• Passion, affinity and training for youth and young adult ministry.
• Have appropriate educational background and work history with youth organizations.
• Self-starter with good multitasking and prioritizing skills.
• Support and uphold Grace Community UMC's vision for Christian ministry.
• Develop and model appropriate relationships with youth and young adults.
• Cooperate with other local churches to expand the ministry’s impact in the community.
• Assure the health and safety of the youth and young adults’ ministries.
• Report to the Senior Pastor any health or safety concerns related to the Youth and Young Adult Ministry.
• Maintain a ministry of confidentiality.
• Maintain ongoing contact with parents.
• Select and implement Christian Education curriculum for youth and young adults, in cooperation with the Christian Education Committee and the Senior Pastor.
• Create, organize and schedule ongoing youth and young adult’s activities.
• Maintain communication and coordinate activities with education committee, volunteers and Senior Pastor.
• Uphold all Safe Sanctuary Policies and practices in accordance with current Grace Community UMC guidelines.
• Participate as a team member (with UMC Christian Education Committee, UMC Council on Ministries) in the coordination of special events/Sundays, i.e. VBS week, Youth Sunday, and Graduate Recognition Sunday, among others.
• Develop and maintain an external presence in local schools and community organizations and local church youth ministries.
• Participate in staff meetings.
• Communicate ministry activities through periodic reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
L. Kim Eanes, Lead Pastor
Grace Community UMC
1190 Gold Hill Rd.
Fort Mill, SC 29708
L. Kim Eanes, Lead Pastor
Grace Community UMC 1190 Gold Hill Rd. Fort Mill, SC 29708
Fort Mill, SC 29708
Part-time Church Secretary
Church secretary wanted for a part-time position at Windsor United Methodist Church near Two Notch Road and I-20 in Columbia.
Qualifications include high school graduate, minimum two years of general office clerical or administrative work, good writing and typing skills, and good telephone and interpersonal skills. Should have reliable transportation. Must be familiar with Windows Office, PowerPoint and Publisher.
Very competitive hourly pay, plus two weeks of vacation per year.
421 Longtown Road West
Blythewood, SC 29016
Part-time Secretarial Position
Part-time Secretarial Position
Lebanon United Methodist Church
1022 Garners Ferry Road
Eastover, SC 29044
Lebanonumceastover@gmail.com – Phone No. 803-776-4604
Office Hours: Monday-Thursday: 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Skills for this position include:
● Ability to communicate well by listening, speaking, and writing; a willingness to tend to details and an interest in learning.
● Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel.
● Must be able to work well with the pastor, staff members and church volunteers.
● Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
Please submit resume and a minimum of three references.
A background check will be performed if hired.
10220 Garners Ferry Road
Eastover, SC 29044
Nursery Attendant Part-time
Grace United Methodist Church, 410 Harbison Blvd., Columbia, SC, has an open position for Nursery Attendant for Sunday mornings.
This position requires working in the church’s nursery approximately 3 hours each Sunday, from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Additional hours are available during the week to support special services/events during the year.
Applicant must be at least 21, complete Safe Sanctuary Training, CPR/first aid and pass a background check. Cost for the training and background check will be incurred by the Church. Beginning salary is $11.56 per hour.
Contact Bill Walker at Grace United Methodist Church for applicant information.
Grace United Methodist Church, 410 Harbison Blvd.
Columbia, South Carolina 29212
Director of Children's and Youth Ministry
First United Methodist Church (fumcwm.com) of West Memphis, Arkansas, is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry. West Memphis is only a 15-minute commute from the bustling city of Memphis, Tennessee.
The Director of Children’s and Youth Ministry will develop spiritual and faith resources for children and youth and their families within the United Methodist tradition. This includes the primary responsibility for equipping volunteers with children and youth to serve with confidence and to build a sustainable ministry.
Essential functions for this position include:
● Work in coordination with the children’s ministry committee and youth ministry committee as they manage the overarching priorities of their ministries
● Build relationships and networks with volunteers, church staff, parents and community members for the advancement of the ministry mission
● Recruit and equip volunteers
Qualifications for this position are:
● A growing and personal relationship with Christ
● A bachelor degree
● Three years of experience in working with children and/or youth
● Proven success in the recruitment, development and management of volunteers
● Excellent communication skills through all media (oral, written, digital, etc.)
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
West Memphis, AR 72301