Director of Music Ministries and Youth Minister (full-time)
Louisville United Methodist Church is a vibrant faith family of more than 300 members in east central Georgia committed to making disciples and reaching out in the world.
We are seeking a full-time director of music ministries/youth minister to join our exceptional and collaborative team of staff and laypeople.
The Director of Music Ministries will recruit, develop, equip, and lead a variety of musical groups and musical group leaders. LUMC offers a blended/traditional worship experience. As a committed follower of Jesus Christ, the Director will lead people of all ages to glorify God and strengthen their faith through a variety of opportunities, styles of music, and worship.
The Youth Minister will be responsible for recruiting, training, and supporting appropriate adult leaders to assist with the ministries related to youth.
The Youth Minister will:
• Create and implement new programs to continue the growth and development of youth ministries which will build and foster Christian relationships.
• Serve as the representative for youth to the Church and Youth Councils, Senior Pastor, Ministry Staff, and the Director of Staff and Discipleship to encourage the integration of youth into church ministries.
• Maintain a timely and accurate schedule of upcoming youth-related activities, including announcements and publications using available media provided by the church.
• Manage the disbursement of funds for youth ministries within the guidelines of the approved budget and in adherence with the purchasing policies of the church.
• Participate fully as a member of the Pastoral and Ministry staff.
• Be attentive to the special needs and concerns of youth.
• Other duties as may be assigned by the Pastor or the Director of Staff and Discipleship.
• Support churchwide events and special projects as needed.
• Maintain compliance with the Safe Sanctuary policy of LUMC with regards to youth meetings and events both on and off church property.
Direct inquiries or resumes with references to Peter at email@example.com.
Rev Dr Peter Vermeulen
301 W 7th ST
Louisville, Georgia (GA) 30434
Alabama-West Florida Conference Treasurer and Director of Administration
The Alabama-West Florida Conference of The United Methodist Church is currently seeking a Conference Treasurer and Director of Administration.This role is responsible for managing the overall function of the fiscal office as well as the fiscal office staff. This person will work as liaison and member of a variety of committees and strategic teams and will consult with local church congregations regarding best practices and financial strategies.The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience providing financial oversight to organizations.
• Manages the overall functioning of the fiscal office, including fiscal office personnel
• Recommends and administers policies adopted by the CFA and other Annual Conference boards and agencies
• Oversees the overall process of receiving and disbursing remittances from local churches in accordance with the Book of Discipline, including general and annual conference apportionments
• Manages financial fund accounting system to ensure accurate financial reports based on properly authorized transactions
• Oversees cash management and investments in accordance with policies of the CFA
• Reviews accounts receivable, accounts payable reconciliations, bank reconciliations, and any other reconciliations; approves journal entries and invoices; reviews payroll register
• Provides financial services to Episcopal Residence Committee, Congregational Development Office, Disaster Response Office, and district offices as appropriate
• Ensures regular financial statements are provided to the bishop, district superintendents, CFA, and General Council on Finance and Administration (GCFA)
• Prepares the annual Local Church Report to the Annual Conference, checking statistical reports for accuracy, providing required statistical reports to the Annual Conference Journal Editor and the General Council on Finance and Administration, and providing statistical information upon request to districts and conference boards and agencies
• Relates to the Board of Pension & Health Benefits, providing administration and strategic planning in conjunction with that board
• Serves as Director of Health Insurance
• Relates to the Conference Board of Trustees and directs management of all Annual Conference property, including Conference Resource Center
• Provides oversight for the development of the Annual Conference budget
• Administers accounts for all Annual Conference boards and agencies as agreed upon with CFA
• Assists all Annual Conference boards and agencies in financial budgeting and business matters as needed
• Represents the Annual Conference on financial matters, interpreting budgets and other financial data to local churches and conference groups
• Advises local churches in financial matters regarding apportionments, budgets, financial management, taxation, property management, personnel management, and benefits
• Provides counsel and guidance to local church business administrators, treasurers, financial secretaries, and committees on finance in the development of standardized financial recording and reporting systems (in cooperation with GCFA and the General Board of Discipleship)
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance, business administration, or similar field required
• Master’s degree in accounting/finance or similar field preferred
• Minimum of seven to ten years of supervisory experience in accounting or business management required
• Three to five years' experience in a non-profit environment preferred
• Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant preferred
• Proficient knowledge in application of various computer programs including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.) and accounting software programs required
• Experience in developing, analyzing and monitoring large-scale budgets and providing financial oversight required
• Demonstrated understanding of the polity of The United Methodist Church required
• Member of The United Methodist Church preferred
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: March 11, 2018
No staffing agencies or recruitment firms
Alabama-West Florida Conference Director of Connectional Ministries and Conference Secretary
The Alabama-West Florida Conference of the United Methodist Church is seeking a qualified Director of Connectional Ministries and Conference Secretary with the skills, experience, ability to be highly relational, have humility, and possess an innovative spirit to lead the conference in its endeavor to increase the capacity of the local church to make disciples for Jesus Christ.
Full-time, exempt (supervisory/professional staff)
The purpose of the Director’s position is to focus and guide the resources of the AWF Conference to the local church in order for local churches to (1) invest in young people; (2) engage the mission field; (3) grow in faithfulness and fruitfulness; and (4) develop pipelines of transformational lay and clergy leaders. The purpose of the Conference Secretary position is to lead the conference in the planning and executing of annual conference.
Essential conference functions:
• Lead the conference in its mission including the development, clarification, interpretation and implementation of the mission through leadership strategies. Inspire engagement with mission and vision within the conference and connection.
• Align total resources of the conference to its mission and oversee the budget and budget development process for the program ministries of the annual conference.
• Encourage and facilitate connections among the local, district, campus, annual conference and general church ministries.
• Strengthen racial ethnic local churches, multi-cultural ministries and intercultural competence. Promote multi-cultural vitality within all conference settings.
• As Conference Secretary, oversee the planning and implementation of the annual conference session so that this is coordination and alignment of the conference mission and vision.
• Convene the associate directors monthly or as determined necessary to align and further the mission and vision of the conference.
• Serve on the extended cabinet.
• Relate to the Alabama-West Florida Conference Personnel Committee.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Resident Bishop.
This position will report to the Bishop of the Alabama-West Florida Conference. This position has broad decision-making authority. It will receive general supervision from the Resident Bishop.
This position will support and encourage these specific staff members:
• Associate Director for Advocacy and Missions
• Associate Director for Leadership Strategies
• Associate Director of Hispanic Ministries
• Administrative Assistant
• Other persons as assigned
Required qualifications and skills:
• Laity or clergy may fill this position.
• College degree.
• Experience supervising others directly and leader others not under one’s direct supervision to achieve results for broad-based initiatives, programs and/or projects.
• Solid understanding of United Methodist polity, theology and the Wesleyan emphasis on personal and social holiness.
• Experience developing programs, implementing and assessing program and processes including those dealing with transformational change and vision casting.
• Capacity to work in multicultural contextual environments.
• Lead using a wide variety of leadership styles – an adaptive leader.
• Member of the United Methodist Church with an active faith life.
• Able to travel at least 40 percent of the time, including in the conference, nationally and, on occasion, internationally.
• Evening, night and weekend work is required.
• Able to deal with highly confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
Interpersonal skills needed include:
Comfortable representing the Bishop, the conference and the Church in any setting. This includes the ability to engage a wide variety of constituents in dialogue, and the ability to handle confrontation and challenge well. Persuasive and able to listen and incorporate conflicting ideas into the issue under discussion, as needed. Able to work with a wide and diverse range of people with broad and divergent interests. Able to lead a team well.
Practical skills needed include:
Ability to utilize computer, cell phone, web-conferencing, email technology and AWF database; use programs in Microsoft Office Suite; communicate well in verbal and written form, in one-on-one situations and to a large audience; engage conflict well, mediation skills; willingness to learn; ability to read, develop, and understand budgets; manage time and complex tasks well and easily; capacity to work in a collaborative environment.
Compensation includes salary, health insurance, pension, travel expenses and continuing education. Housing is included if filled by clergy.
How to apply:
Send letter of application, resume and three professional references to the Rev. June Jernigan, Assistant to the Bishop and Director of Ministerial Services, 4719 Woodmere Boulevard, Montgomery, Alabama, 36106; email@example.com; 334-356-8014.
Applications must be received by 4:30 p.m. March 15, 2018.
Rev. June Jernigan
Ashland United Methodist Church, in the Columbia District, is presently seeking to employ a qualified person for the position of Youth Director.
The Director of Youth Ministries is responsible for directing all aspects of youth programs and providing spiritual leadership and guidance to Ashland UMC youth and other affiliated youth in the community, grades six through graduating high school seniors.
Please submit a resume to Ashland United Methodist Church, 2600 Ashland Road, Columbia, SC, 29210, to the attention of the Rev. Tresco E. Shannon; or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rev. Tresco E. Shannon
2600 Ashland Road
Colulmbia, SC 29210
Director of Music & Multi-Media Ministry
Grace Community is a United Methodist congregation located at 1190 Gold Hill Road in Fort Mill, SC. Our goal in worship is to bring the congregation a Spirit-driven witness to the Glory of God.
The Director of Music & Multi-Media Ministries holds a paid staff position and serves not solely as a musical or performing arts director but as a shepherd to the people who serve in this ministry.
The applicant should be a creative leader with the focus on communicating and directing to inspire others to follow the vision of the Worship Committee and Grace Community UMC. The applicant must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• Experience as director of worship in past positions
• 4 year college degree preferred, training in Worship Music desired
• Proficiency in planning music and multi-media presentations
• Have relational skills and an enthusiastic presence for leading the church in worship
• Skilled in choral, vocal and instrumental direction
• Skilled in use of technology in worship: sound, lighting, computers & video projection
• Uphold Grace Community’s vision for Christian ministry
• Work as a team member with Grace Community staff and volunteers
• Meet weekly with Senior Pastor for planning worship services
• Oversee recruiting, scheduling and development of instrumentalists, vocalists, sound & computer technicians
For more information on this position please see our website: come2grace.org
1190 Gold Hill Rd
Fort Mill, SC 29708
Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries
Grace Community is a United Methodist congregation located at 1190 Gold Hill Rd in Fort Mill, SC. Our worship brings a Spirit-driven witness to the love and lead of Jesus in human life. The Grace Community people believe that Youth and Young Adult Ministries is not a ministry to young people, but a ministry of young people.
The Director of Youth & Young Adult Ministries is a paid part-time position working with youth grades 6-12 and young adults.
For more information on this position please see our website: www.come2grace.org
This position is best suited for a person that has the following personal and professional characteristics:
• The Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries MUST have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
• 2+ years’ experience in youth and young adult ministries; 4 year college degree preferred; seminary studies desired.
• Passion, affinity and training for youth and young adult ministry.
• Exemplary Christian demeanor and ethics.
• A collaborative and creative leadership style.
• An awareness of the need for confidentiality.
• A self starter with good multi-tasking and prioritizing skills.
• Can work independently without supervision.
• Uphold Grace Community’s vision for Christian ministry.
• Work as a team member with Grace Community UMC staff and volunteers in developing social and discipleship programs, for youth and young adult ministries.
• Develop and maintain an external presence in local school and community organizations.
• Cooperate with other local churches to expand the ministry’s impact in the community.
• Ability to work independently without supervision.
1190 Gold Hill Rd
Fort Mill, SC 29708
Minister of Next Generation Discipleship
Minister of Next Generation Discipleship
At First United Methodist Church in Rocky Mount, North Carolina, we are searching for a forward-thinking, collaborative leader who is mature and can engage our diverse community and church in indigenous family-based discipleship. Our vision is bold and is based on God’s call as processed by considerable discernment and prayer. The congregation and Church Council have set Family Ministry as the church’s primary goal this year. The intergenerational excitement for this endeavor is revealed in support and volunteers. We are growing to become a church that appeals to families with children and partners with them to grow disciples of Jesus Christ.
The primary roles of this position are leading the family ministry team, building up the existing children’s ministry, partnering with parents on their children’s faith journey, and overseeing the administrative and financial aspects of family ministry.
Send a letter of interest, resume and three references to the Rev. Jim Bell, Lead Pastor, email@example.com.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Supervises: Youth Pastor
Ministry Position Description
This position provides leadership and direction for all church activities concerning Family Ministry. This includes visioning, planning, implementing, and supporting the vision/mission statements, and core beliefs of First United Methodist Church in Rocky Mount, NC (FUMC) as they relate to children and their families. The primary focus of this position centers on Christian formation of children and their families through building teams that vision, activate, and sustain children’s ministry at FUMC.
Results of Ministry:
The Family Ministry Volunteer Team and other children's ministry teams/committees have developed a comprehensive strategy that is contextual to the needs of the community and aligns with the vision and mission of FUMC.
Ministry teams are organized and long-term strategies are created that form sustainable long-term ministry.
A balance of family/home life is practiced in accordance with appropriate boundaries in the form of self-care spiritually, mentally, and physically.
Weekly/seasonal ministry programs for kindergarten through fifth grade, such as Sunday Morning Ministry, Vacation Bible School, Promotion Sunday, and Christmas and Easter programming, are overseen in a team-based environment.
Ministry teams, children and their families identify, invite and welcome unchurched children and families.
Volunteer leaders involved in children’s ministry are recruited and trained.
The administrative and financial aspects of the Family Ministry Team at FUMC are diligently superintended.
The yearly children’s ministry calendar is planned and publicized in a timely fashion to the congregation.
Curriculum is selected for children’s ministry that aligns with the Family Team Vision Statement and the mission of FUMC.
Paid and volunteer church nursery workers are trained and coordinated.
Appropriate forms of communication (meetings, social media, email, blogging, etc.) are maintained with parents and their children in person and online.
An active participation in the worshipping life of FUMC is maintained through Sunday Morning Worship, Small Groups, and Special Events.
The Safe Sanctuaries Policy of FUMC is annually reviewed, updated, and practiced.
Time and responsibilities in ministry to children and their parents are maintained on-campus and off-campus in the everyday lives of the families at FUMC.
A committed and growing relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord.
A dedication to the church and ministry covenant promoting an environment of support and unity.
A history of experience in family and children’s discipleship ministry.
A passionate desire to disciple children and their families as Christ followers.
A familiarity and commitment to Wesleyan theology, Orange strategy of family-based ministry, and empowering ministry strategies such as Sustainable Youth Ministry are preferred.
An understanding and support of the United Methodist Church’s doctrine in all areas of faith and practice.
An ability to network, lead, build a team, while working as a team member.
A knowledge of Microsoft Office, Constant Contact and an aptitude for learning new systems.
100 S Church Street
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Youth & Children's Director
Youth & Children’s Director (part-time): Colbert United Methodist Church is seeking a part-time youth & children’s director to plan and lead Sunday night meetings, special events, and service projects for middle schoolers and high schoolers.
The youth & children’s director should live out a mature, biblically based faith with a passion for teaching and faith formation. Participation in church life and Sunday morning worship expected.
A knowledge of Methodist theology, and ability to work with others a must. Understanding and effectively communicating through social media with parents, children, and the community a must. Ability to work with special needs youth preferred.
Applicants must be a minimum of 21 years old for insurance purposes. Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or Pastor Michael Ferguson at email@example.com.
65 North 2nd Street
Colbert, GA 30628
Director of Youth and College Ministry
University United Methodist Church of Baton Rouge, Louisiana (universitymethodist.org), a people seeking to be the hands and feet of Christ in the heart of Baton Rouge, is looking for a dynamic and dedicated full-time Director of Youth and College Ministry.
Proud of the close relationship with LSU students and faculty, as well as with LSU’s Wesley Foundation on campus, this is a unique opportunity to bring a high level of passion and energy for building and strengthening many different aspects of the church’s ministry to youth and college students.
UUMC longs for a director with relational gifts for reaching and inspiring both 6th through 12th graders during their formative years of Christian discipleship as well as minister to the unique needs of college students.
In addition to building commitment and trust with parents, training and equipping volunteers, and steering a Spirit-led program of mission and ministry opportunities, the director will join an enthusiastic pastoral, staff and administrative team committed to youth and their families.
The successful candidate will have a college degree, several years of experience in youth and/or college ministry leadership, and a strong personal faith consistent with the United Methodist tradition. Please send your resume along with a cover letter to Aly.Eaton@MinistryArchitects.com.
3350 Dalrymple Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
Director of Programming
Trinity United Methodist Church, Conway, SC, is accepting resumes and letters of application for a full-time Director of Programming.
This person works as a part of the administrative team of the church and with adult volunteers to plan, coordinate and provide leadership for, but not limited to, Sunday School, VBS, Nursery Programming, Children's Programming, Bible studies, new member services, Stephen Ministry, Women's Ministries, Youth programming, Christian Education events, Safe Sanctuary, and mission activities.
This also includes responsibilities of planning, coordination and supervision of programs for youth study, service, fellowship and Christian growth.
Background in Christian Education preferred.
Persons who have strong written and oral communication skills and the experience, professional education and skills necessary to provide leadership for these programs should send appropriate information to SEARCH, 198 Long Avenue, Conway, SC, 29526, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rev. Dr. William R. Childs or Carolyn C Causey
198 Long Ave
Conway, South Carolina 29526