Director of Praise and Worship Music
Director of Praise and Worship Music
Mineral Springs United Methodist Church is receiving resumes for a part-time Director of Praise and Worship Music (30 hours). We are a congregation with multiple services, styles. This person would be directly responsible for our contemporary service. We are looking for a spiritually mature individual with a passion for leading worship and developing others for this ministry.
Mineral Springs is a growing church located in the beautiful South Charlotte area. The growth potential of this church and music program are unlimited. Our position description can be found at www.mineralspringsumc.com. Resumes and inquires can be sent to email@example.com, attention pastor.
Rev. Eric Lane
5915 Old Waxhaw Monroe Road
Monroe, NC 28112
Director of Student Ministries
Director of Student Ministries
Mineral Springs UMC, Monroe NC, 28112
Mineral Springs United Methodist Church is seeking a Director of Student Ministries. The part-time Director of Student Ministries will have a passion for working with students and their families, and helping all to embody the mission of Mineral Springs UMC as a place where youth can connect through relational ministries such as: worship, small and large gatherings, missional opportunities, and social events, the Director of Student Ministries will develop, schedule, and supervise the full range of ministries related to students and their families, and volunteers.
Description of Student Ministries:
The Student Ministries of Mineral Springs UMC include students in 6th -12th grade.
Essential Functions of the position
• Design, implement, and continue to build upon an existing student ministry programs that integrate relationship building, worship, spiritual formation, and missional opportunities.
• Collaborate with volunteers to develop opportunities for youth ministries.
• Develop and train students and adult leaders who wish to participate in the planning and execution of student and church-wide ministries.
• Collaborate with church staff and key lay leaders to integrate the student ministry with the overall life of the church.
• Provide oversight and support for Sunday afternoon meetings and Wednesday night gatherings to include Christian education and social time.
• Oversee the creation and maintenance of the student ministries areas budget.
• Maintain adequate and appropriate communication with students, parents, and the church regarding student ministries. Communicate with the congregation and community via church media (i.e. bulletin, website, The Pipeline, etc.) and other avenues. Use social media and technology effectively and appropriately.
Interpersonal Skills & Volunteer Management: Demonstrate enthusiasm and initiative when interacting with the staff, congregation, and community at-large. Possess the ability to identify and solve problems, handle conflict, and engage in honest conversation. Provide direction, gain commitment, facilitate change, and achieve results through the efficient, creative, and responsible use of volunteers. Work well with church staff, congregation members, and volunteers. Ability to manage and motivate volunteers. Amenable to supervision.
A successful candidate will have:
• Passion for walking alongside young persons in their faith journeys
• Vision for the growth of students’ faith, and for the growth of the student ministries
• Experience leading and/or working with student ministries
• Agree to a background check
Report: Senior Pastor
Hours/Salary: Part-time exempt; 20 hours per week; salary commensurate with experience
Please submit a detailed cover letter and resume to Rev. Eric Lane via email/postal mail:
Rev. Eric Lane
Mineral Springs UMC
P.O. Box 67
Mineral Springs, NC 28108
Rev. Eric Lane
5915 Old Waxhaw Monroe Road
Monroe, NC 28112
Director of Youth & Family Ministries - NC
Director of Youth Ministries
Fuquay-Varina United Methodist Church
Gifts and Roles
-A faithful disciple of Jesus Christ who is passionate about discipling 6th-12th-grade students.
-Articulates a Wesleyan perspective of faith clearly and with vigor.
-Gifted in leading and engaging a group of 50-150 students.
-Works with the Pastor of Christian Formation in co-leading the youth ministry. This includes teaching at Sunday Night Youth Ministry “Lifeline,” developing curriculum and direction for Wednesday Night “Life Groups,” weekly leadership of Sunday School, and planning events and retreat opportunities.
-Gifts for teaching: the Director of Youth Ministries will be engaged with teaching middle and high school students, developing and writing curriculum, planning retreats, etc.
-Skills in administration and communication including event planning, email marketing, social media, etc.
-Trains and equips adult leaders and parents as the primary faith developers for students; creates programs and opportunities to equip parents and families to disciple their students at home.
-Initiative to take on projects, implement new ideas, and set long-term and short-term goals.
-Collaborates and assists in the implementation of Children & Family Ministry programs and events; works closely with the Director of Children’s Ministry to develop programs and activities to ensure a smooth transition from group-to-group.
-Cultivates a missional culture among our youth and their families.
-Schedule flexibility for Sunday morning, Sunday nights, Wednesday nights, weekend retreats, mission trips, etc.
-A full-time position with benefits.
-Education in ministry preferred (including M.Div.).
-Experience leading and developing youth ministry preferred.
Please email a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Youth Ministry” in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted through March 3, 2017.
Pastor Bobby Rackley
100 S. Judd Parkway, SE
Fuquay-Varina, NC 27526
Minister of Discipleship
St John's United Methodist Church in Anderson, S.C., is prayerfully searching for the following individual:
Title: Minister of Discipleship
Hours: Full-time to include evening and weekend responsibilities
Hiring Body: Staff Parish Relations Committee
Supervisor: Senior Minister
Education: Bachelor of Arts or bachelor of science required; major in Christian Education preferred
Master’s degree and/or Christian Education certification beneficial
1. Profess the Christian faith and feel a calling to serve in the local church
2. Proficiency in Biblical knowledge and Wesleyan theology
3. Be a caring servant leader who lives with high moral and ethical character
4. Ability to self-motivate; organize, prioritize, work, teach and lead effectively without supervision
5. Ability to connect positively and build relationships with people of all ages and groups of all sizes
6. Ability to cooperate, be respectful, and team well with others in an office environment
7. Desire to be active, productive and transformational in community affairs
8. Good written and verbal communication
9. Proficiency in the use of computer hardware, software, and social media
1) Continuously represent and promote the mission of the United Methodist Church to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world
2) Implement and assimilate a strategic, comprehensive Discipleship Ministry for all constituent groups that will deepen individuals’ faith in Jesus Christ and include:
a. An assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of the current program
b. A long-term plan that transitions the existing program to a more effective, consistent, faith-based ministry that is invitational, instructional, relational, and engages participants of all ages in serving
c. A model for the budgeting and employment of appropriate educational resources
3) Provide enthusiastic leadership and guidance to chairs and their committees involved in Discipleship Ministries
4) Provide passionate recruitment, training, support, and resources to church staff and lay and volunteer leaders who serve in the Discipleship Ministries of children, youth and adults
5) Eagerly participate in discipleship activities on and off of the church campus, teaching and leading when appropriate
6) Consistently inform and engage the congregation and community regarding discipleship activities through social media and the effective use of an online calendar
7) Foster an environment of direction and inclusion for small groups with regard to Bible studies and other Discipleship Ministries
8) Create, organize and promote a route for prospective and inactive members to participate fully in the discipleship process and in ways that will help them become active, committed members of the congregation
9) Provide Discipleship guidance to the director, staff, children, and board of the St. John’s Child Development Center and provide ongoing means for CDC families to grow in faith and become involved in the life of the congregation
10) Administer, monitor and insure adherence of the St. John’s Safe Sanctuary Policy
11) Assist the Stewardship Committee in the creation of a spiritually-based culture for the faithful offering of tithes and gifts by the congregation and community
12) Assist the Nominations Committee in the identification and inspiration of new and experienced educational leadership existing in the congregation and community
13) Ably partner with and support the Senior Minister in the performance of worship or other Christian ministries as requested
14) Be an external, vocal advocate of the ministries and programs of St. John’s United Methodist Church at all times throughout the community
Jimmy Kimbell c/o St. John's UMC
515 South McDuffie Street
Anderson, SC 29624
Director of Youth Ministries
Broadmoor United Methodist Church (www.broadmoormethodist.org) in Baton Rouge, Louisiana is seeking a full-time Director of Youth Ministries to join the team in the church’s mission to invite, equip, send, and serve. Broadmoor’s membership of 3900+, with 687 in worship, is in a time of reinvigoration and hope and has a strong financial base. The congregation has a broad spectrum of theologies present and is committed to being a safe and welcoming place for all people to come, worship and dialog together. The church’s greatest desire is to help the youth build a strong faith foundation that will guide them now and into adulthood. While the Youth Director is the only paid staff working directly with youth (grades 6-12), Broadmoor has a strong group of consistent adult volunteers, who have a deep commitment to serve with the youth and the new Director.
The Director will serve by implementing weekly, monthly and annual youth ministry programs, recruit, develop and equip a network of spiritually gifted coaches, leaders, mentors, and apprentices who can disciple people toward Christ-likeness, and form Christian relationships with youth and youth families.
Successful candidates will possess:
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent. A degree in religious studies or communication is preferred as well as a certification in youth ministry (or working toward one).
2. At least two years paid experience as program director of youth ministry in the local church.
3. Physically able to lead high energy events and travel for extended trips.
S/he will join the whole staff in living out the core competencies of mission, ownership, spiritual maturity, leadership development, initiative, interpersonal skills, creativity and innovation, self-development, and personal resilience.
Salary and benefits are competitive. Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to Kristina at email@example.com.
Baton Rouge, LA
Youth Discipleship Coordinator
Christ Church United Methodist (ccum.net) of Louisville, Kentucky, is seeking a full-time Youth Discipleship Coordinator to implement and manage the congregation’s overall strategic vision for youth discipleship. With over 1,100 worshiping each Sunday, Christ Church’s mission for each member is to become living proof of God’s love, one person at a time.
Over 100 youth currently participate each week in a variety of ministries including music, outreach, study, fellowship and multiple retreat offerings. The Youth Discipleship Coordinator serves as the general contractor for the youth ministry, managing the work flow and sequencing for all events. This person recruits, oversees and trains youth volunteers, develops youth mission and outreach opportunities, collaborates with other components of the youth ministry, and provides leadership for youth group and events throughout the year. The Youth Discipleship Coordinator reports to the Minister for Youth Discipleship and attends Faith Formation Team and other staff meetings.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of three years of experience in youth ministry, a college degree, and proven ability to build relationships with youth and adults. The Youth Discipleship Coordinator will be an advocate for Methodist theology and doctrine and have the ability to help create and execute a shared vision of the youth ministry.
Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to Kristina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4614 Brownsboro Road
Louisville, KY 40207
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and Families
Spring Valley Presbyterian Church
Columbia, South Carolina
Spring Valley Presbyterian Church is a community of sinners saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ and inspired by the Holy Spirit. We seek to glorify God, nurture one another and express the love of God in word and deed. Spring Valley is the founding church of the Souper Bowl of Caring effort and is the home of a vibrant youth program that is the heart of the church's local/national/international mission program.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and Families provides leadership and direction for a quality program of Christian nurture and education for children, youth and their families.
* Assist Sunday School teachers in providing spiritual, creative, ambitious and fun programs for children, with a focus on spiritual development.
* Recruit, train and equip adult volunteers for ongoing programmatic ministries, such as Strikers (3rd-5th grades), Children's Church, Worship Preparation and Vacation Bible School.
* Participate in the planning and leadership of special Sunday events, such as Celebration Sunday, Advent Festival, Celebration of Children Sunday, Holy Week, etc.
* Supervise the Nursery Coordinator.
* Direct the Youth Council and assist with youth self-leadership.
* Lead and implement creative, dynamic programs that reach out to youth – within the church and our community – that focus on discipleship and fellowship.
* Recruit, train and equip adult volunteers for ongoing youth activities and programs.
* Provide guidance and training for youth advisers.
* Develop creative ways for youth to participate in the life of the church.
* Plan summer mission activities both in the community and elsewhere, including international opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have a deep and living relationship with Jesus Christ, a call to minister to youth, gifts in leadership and vision, a bachelor’s degree and two years of youth ministry experience. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to the Rev. Ruth Roberts at email@example.com.
Rev. Ruth Roberts
125 Sparkleberry Lane
Columbia, SC 29229
Covenant United Methodist Church
The Church Executive Director serves in support of the Senior Pastor and the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) in the administration of the business functions of the church. Areas of oversight will include Human Resources, Facilities and Finances of the church.
1310 Old Spartanburg Road
Greer, SC 29650
Director of Programming
The Director of Programming will manage Aldersgate Renewal Ministries' program ministry including LCREs, ARC events, Aldersgate Conference.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Serve in agreement with the values, vision, mission, strategy, essentials and culture of Aldersgate Renewal Ministries.
• Walk in discernment and wisdom
• Serve as 2nd-in-command to implement vision of Board and Council with Executive Director and serves as an ex-officio member of the Executive Committee.
• Manage day-to-day affairs and activities of the ministry to ensure the successful completion for the program areas listed below.
• Lead weekly staff meetings to facilitate workflows and assignments
• Set the meeting
• Create the agenda
• Follow-up with staff on assigned tasks
• Works in conjunction with ED for staff annual evaluations
Local Church Renewal Events (LCREs)
• Oversee all Local Church Renewal Events.
• Communicate with pastors, local churches, clusters and districts requesting events.
• Recruit and train team members and coordinators.
• Keep an updated list of team members and coordinators.
• Promote LCREs
• Serve as coordinator or team member as able.
• Revise material as needed
Manage ARC Events
• In conjunction with ED, Staff and Contract Staff:
• Schedule renewal events for the ARC
• Create event budgets
• Create event schedules
• Select, secure and accommodate leadership
• Secure hotel room blocks for guests
• Facilitate guest hospitality (Registration, materials, snacks, evaluation, follow-up)
• Edit promotional materials
• Determine facility needs
• In conjunction with ED, Staff and Contract Staff, assist with:
• Contractual arrangements with host site
• Determining leadership for equipping workshops
• Creating budgets necessary for the event
• Overseeing all event schedule and logistical details
Regional Affiliate Renewal Fellowships (RARFs)
• Get info from RARFs for database and promotions
Will work in conjunction with the Executive Director to ensure sound stewardship practices are demonstrated throughout all ministry programs, through:
• Event Budget preparation
• Analysis and review of financial data
• Financial performance
• Expenditures and cost
• Cash Flow
Resumes may be submitted to Mark Barrow at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax at 615-851-9372.
Advent United Methodist Church in Simpsonville, S.C., is a vibrant, growing church in the Five Forks area of Greenville, South Carolina. We are committed to the mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. We are seeking a full-time Church Accountant to assist the ministries of Advent UMC.
Key Job Qualifications include:
a) College degree or similar experience is preferred.
b) Strong interpersonal and professional skills.
c) Knowledge and experience of working in a Christian environment is preferred.
d) Capable of managing administrative staff personnel and ability to work collaboratively.
e) Values consistent with the mission and principles of Advent United Methodist Church.
a) Competent in Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point.
b) Knowledge of ACS software desirable.
c) Solid budgeting and accounting skills
d) Experience and training in computer systems, hardware and software.
e) General ledger expertise.
Duties of Position:
Uses accounting skills to provide sound and accurate financial management.
Keeps confidential records of giving and provides quarterly reporting of such to contributors.
a) Provides accurate accounting of all financial transactions including receipts, deposits and disbursements.
b) Oversees cash management process, ensuring proper financial controls.
c) Prepares financial reports and analyses as requested or as necessary.
d) Prepares monthly and year-end financial statements, providing reports to committees or areas of ministry.
e) Maintains proper cash flow control to meet obligations.
f) Supports the purchasing process.
g) Pays invoices and reimbursements, maintaining an accurate and organized system of such records.
h) Reconciles bank statements.
i) Manages banking relationships.
Assists Finance and Stewardship committees in their work of teaching stewardship principles found in the Bible and assisting to make possible responsible expenditures that will further the ministry of Jesus Christ.
a) Maintains timely entry of pledges and pledge contributions.
b) Works with appropriate committees in planning and promoting the annual church stewardship campaign and capital funding.
c) Works with Finance Committee in obtaining or restructuring long or short-term debt financing.
d) Obtains audits as requested by the Finance Committee
e) Works with Finance Committee and leadership in developing the annual budget and reporting variances, etc.
Personnel Record Administration
In collaboration with the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC) and the Senior Pastor, administers all human resource policies and procedures.
a) Oversees the administration of employees and their benefits, Worker’s Compensation insurance, compliance with employment standards and guidelines, recordkeeping for insurance, sick and vacation pay and other matters related to church employment.
b) Monitors compliance with HR policies and reports to SPRC as required.
c) Oversees process for keeping HR handbook current and ensures that all employees receive and review HR policies.
d) Oversees the administering of the payroll for church employees.
e) Assures all payroll tax reports are promptly paid and filed.
f) Maintains personnel records in a secure location and ensures confidentiality.
g) Maintains the master calendar of staff time off.
How to apply:
Please send a resume and cover letter to Dale Yarbrough, Search Committee Chair, at email@example.com.